Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Hornby P2

Dick Turpin

• RMweb Gold

Both Hornby's super detailed models and the Duke have a keeper plate holding the electrical pickups. These pickups are loose, not soldered anywhere and are just in contact with two tiny rivets that carry juice to the loco. The problem appears less apparent on a model with additional tender pickups, but it can exist their too. Normally taking the plate off, relocating the pickups and ensuring they touch the wheels cures the problem.

Quite easy to maintain once you understand how.

Just saying this might be your loco's problem....

(P.S my spell check always has me saying things I did not nintendo :no: ).

Or even his brother Nocando.....in fact I've arranged to take it to a guy who can tomorrow morning...Alex,who famously sorted my DoG ..he thinks that's what the problem is.Anyway one try & if that ain't working it'll make a return trip tomorrow.My eyes & fingers are not of the best which is why I leave it to better ones.

Cheers.

My e-mail inbox this afternoon tells me that Hattons have now processed my order for the posh one, much to my relief. It was ordered early enough, AND based on recent experience I'd made sure they had updated credit card details. I was however wondering whether their silence so far indicated that Hornby had not favoured them with a delivery....

Price as originally agreed way back in December 2012, so no Nazi surprises there - sorry, I meant nasty surprises. That amusing video clip must still be in my mind.

Looks like I was too late pre-ordering mine; my account with Hattons merely says 'allocation sold out to preorders'.  Blast.... anyone know when the next shipment is due? :banghead:

If you do a search on Google for R3207 ehattons and follow the link to R3207 to the Hattons website, you will notice that the Product Title is Class P2 2-8-2 2001 'Cock O' The North' in LNER livery . "Main range"version. Etched nameplates & enhanced livery - allocation sold out to pre-orders.

I think this is what you are seeing on your Hattons account pre-order page, i.e.. it is just the product title and does not mean you have missed out.

Earlier this afternoon Hattons told me that they had received a small batch of R3207, that has been dispatched to some people with pre-orders.

They are expecting another delivery at some point but are unable to advise when.

My pre-order hasn't been fulfilled by the initial batch, so I assume I will receive mine when the second batch arrives.

Edited by Mike70

If you do a search on Google for R3207 ehattons and follow the link to R3207 to the Hattons website, you will notice that the Product Title is Class P2 2-8-2 2001 'Cock O' The North' in LNER livery . "Main range"version. Etched nameplates & enhanced livery - allocation sold out to pre-orders.

I think this is what you are seeing on your Hattons account pre-order page, i.e.. it is just the product title and does not mean you have missed out.

Earlier this afternoon Hattons told me that they had received a small batch of R3207, that has been dispatched to some people with pre-orders.

They are expecting another delivery at some point but are unable to advise when.

My pre-order hasn't been fulfilled by the initial batch, so I assume I will receive mine when the second batch arrives.

Thanks; that's exactly what I saw.  Hey-ho what's a few more days (or weeks) when we've already had a 2-year wait?  Patience.... I'm convinced it will be worth it!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm puzzled , anytime I've looked at Hattons for R3207 I can't find it, so I assumed it was all sold out to preorders and that this particular variant was replaced by the TTS one. I could have had one from Locomotion over the weekend, and in fact my finger hovered over the buy button. But I've elected to go for Hereford models because they test models before despatch, hopefully avoiding the experience Ian's just had. They are saying the second batch is due at Hornby end of this week. There's no rush, this is a bit of an impulse buy, my first this year ( aside from second hand). Although I feel a second one coming up with that Bachmann Thames Clyde express.

I emailed Hattons after posting earlier...

"Looking at the records we have the P2 is expected soon but a date has not been given as the last update stated any time from the 16th onwards.

I hope this helps but if you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to get in touch."

Top marks to Hattons for responding so promptly and after-hours.

edit: TTS version

Edited by Coldgunner

It makes me wonder how the allocation of a 'small batch' is done by Hornby. With some pre-orders still un-filled, and a few retailers who had sufficient to have a few available on the shelf 'first-come-first served.'   I'm not suggesting it would be easy from the point-of-view of Hornby, nor for retailers...  nor do I expect there will be an explanation.

Well there's always Ebay...  or simply being patient.  Commiserations Ian that your R3207 was a non-runner, I hope it can be repaired or replaced.

I am waiting for my purchases to arrive, 5-15 working days away, and hope for the best, and meanwhile am going to photograph Kings and Castles with heavy express trains about as far from P2 territory as you can get!

typo edit

Edited by robmcg

Hi Folks,

Confirming that it's the listing that says 'Sold out'.

Also, I took the easy/lazy route and got Hattons to fit a decoder, so it should have been tested (re earlier comment about pick-ups).

"This is an automatic notification to inform you that we have processed your order for the following items:

1 * Bachmann Branchline 36-553 8-pin 3-function 1A decoder with back EMF @ £12.92 each = £12.92

1 * Hattons Model Railways Ltd SrvDCCFitReady01 Fit 1x 8 or 21 pin decoder into a single DCC Ready item - DCC Fitting Service @ £12.00 each = £12.00

1 * Hornby R3207 Class P2 2-8-2 2001 'Cock O' The North' in LNER livery . "Main range"version. Etched nameplates & enhanced livery - allocation sold out to pre-orders @ £82.50 each = £82.50"

She's in transit to the US, shipping cost is the same as the removed VAT, which is nice.

(And being sent to my work address so can hide her from the Mrs)

Cheers, Steve.

The P2 looks like a nice loco but as it is not my time period or area of choice then I have no intention of getting one from either Hattons or any other purchase outlet. Just thought that I'd share that with people as it seems to be the thing to do..

Me either and despite the fact that my wallet is a completely inanimate object with absolutely no feelings whatsoever it is feeling relieved. Just thought I'd share.