Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

What's happened to my posted snaps?

I was reviewing my topic about my layout and saw that some of my posted pictures had disappeared and been replaced by links back to PhotoBucket. Have I done something wrong or is this the fault of the recent software problems?

This page is where the trouble starts....

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/58132-dock-green/page-4

Chaz

• RMweb Gold

I've noticed this in the blog section also. It would appear the img tags are not working properly at the moment as external images show up on the blog index page, but not in the individual blog posts. Images uploaded to the site are working normally though.

Tom.

• RMweb Premium

Most of my images have lost their tags which has resulted in the URL being displayed rather than the actual image.

The exceptions are some (but apparently not all) of those which I host on RMweb.

I cannot reasonably host everything here as the same images are often posted to two or three sites and some exceed the 2mb file size limit here anyway.  I therefore use Photobucket as my commercial image host.

With something approaching 4500 posts I simply cannot go back and edit everything to restore the images; to do so in my layout thread alone would take weeks and several reference posts including my extensive photo-reference topics from the railways of north Cornwall are now entirely devoid of the images which are the sole reason those topics exist.

I have tried the suggested method to "Reset Safari" which has not rectified the problem here but has caused moderate inconvenience in terms of having to the revisit every page and site I use to re-enter my passwords.  I don't have an alternative browser available and don't intend to purchase one simply to visit a single site.

Not very happy ......... 

...With something approaching 4500 posts I simply cannot go back and edit everything to restore the images; to do so in my layout thread alone would take weeks and several reference posts including my extensive photo-reference topics from the railways of north Cornwall are now entirely devoid of the images which are the sole reason those topics exist.

I have tried the suggested method to "Reset Safari" which has not rectified the problem here but has caused moderate inconvenience in terms of having to the revisit every page and site I use to re-enter my passwords.  I don't have an alternative browser available and don't intend to purchase one simply to visit a single site.

Not very happy ......... 

Relax, Rick, enjoy the break and all will be well eventually. You shouldn't need to do anything to fix the images that are not showing properly. When Andy has recovered from his Christmas I'm sure he'll be banging heads together at the shower posing as software providers and eventually it will all be fixed without us needing to do anything.  The problem is in their code, not something we can do anything about.

I agree the browser reset could be a bit of a pain if you had to reset everything, but that was really to fix other problems. As to purchasing browsers, no one does as all the common ones are free but if you're generally happy with Safari then there's no reason why you should need to install a different one. It's just that some folk prefer to use a different browser for one reason or other.

Nick

• RMweb Gold

just had a look through my posts and i've got the same problem, i use photobucket and am a pro user, all the pics are now just non clickable links, if i go to edit post but dont change anything then the links return as a clickable links instead of images.

hopefully its a simple fix as, like others i can't go through all my posts and edit them!

photobucket is working fine for me otherwise

• RMweb Gold

Even curioser (if that's a word). Just looked at my main layout link:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/50822-aylesbury-junction/

Some pics are showing, then it changes to non-clickable links, and then back to showing pics. All the originals are mine on Photobucket, and AFAIK I've used the some procedure all through.

Edit: left out the non in non-clickable!

• RMweb Gold

When Andy has recovered from his Christmas I'm sure he'll be banging heads together at the shower posing as software providers 

As far as I understand, Andy acted on this issue on the night of the software update just before christmas. So for any delays that may occur we can only blame the software providers.

• RMweb Premium

Just a quick notice that I seem to be having the same problem with previously posted images not showing any longer. Likewise, it would seem the "media" tags for embedding Youtube videos no longer work either. Haven't had any other issues with signing in or even having to reset my browser, though.

• RMweb Gold

d'oh! the posts i went into and edited as i described above in the class 67 thread (which resulted in clickable links appearing) are stuck with the links but the ones i didn't edit have the pics back

also other people replies quoting my edited posts that have links are showing the full picture

other than my meddling messing it up its working fine

• RMweb Gold

This should now be resolved, it was necessary to install a patch for it.

First of all many thanks for this Andy - the old entries have now been fixed.

I hate to say this, but there's still a snag with new blog entries that have photos stored elsewhere: Photos are not showing on the main page for the blogs, or on the main page for the individual blogs.

Perhaps the patch also needs to be installed for these overview pages, somehow?

(Edit: Pics uploaded directly to new blog entries also now do not show for me on the overview pages).

As I started this topic I thought I would add a comment.

I want to add my thanks to those of others, Andy's efforts seem to have sorted the problem. Previously posted photos now appear as they should and new postings work properly too.

Excellent!

Chaz

Archived