Winning on bids that you didn't really expect to win.

OnTheBranchline

• RMweb Gold

I was watching an online live auction when I left the room briefly - leaving my cat alone with the laptop - and foolishly the mouse pointer over the BID zone.....

Later I noticed that there was something in my winning cart, a kit built Prairie Tank covered in about an inch of blobby paint - fortunately only £25.00 ish

The model arrived and after a soak in paint stripper a rather nicely built Martin Finny model was revealed in pretty good condition - it even ran OK too !!!

Sold on ebay later for £100 8^) Happy Days, well done Cat !!!! 

• RMweb Premium

I was watching an online live auction when I left the room briefly - leaving my cat alone with the laptop - and foolishly the mouse pointer over the BID zone.....

Later I noticed that there was something in my winning cart, a kit built Prairie Tank covered in about an inch of blobby paint - fortunately only £25.00 ish

The model arrived and after a soak in paint stripper a rather nicely built Martin Finny model was revealed in pretty good condition - it even ran OK too !!!

Better make sure that you don't leave the computer unattended, while looking at some of the links provided in eBay madness!

Looks like you got the cream and not the cat :sungum:

• 4 weeks later...

A Portescap of course!.

Coreless motor bogie might be possible.

UPDATE: kit has arrived. Very neat set of mouldings. Instructions look a bit prosaic, but do have clear diagrams. Pity this kit will probably never be produced again but then again Bachmann have muscled in on that territory somewhat.

Archived