Glebe Road Junction.

hybridangel77

Thanks Peter

It was fairly simple to do and very effective, The ground works was formed using Das clay and formed it into rock/boulder looking shapes and hen scattered across the area and then doused in PVA glue then left to dry. Once dry i gave the whole area a base colour of green and brown and whilst the paint was wet i covered it in chinchilla dust for an added effect.

Once all that dried i sprayed the whole lot in various shades of grey's and browns including a sand colour but in patches so it was not to uniform. Again once dry i added green scatter materials then added patches of dark green and brown long 6mm static grass and then i just covered the whole area with hair spray to lock it all in.

The trees were made using sea foam trees sprayed in brown and then soaked in hair spray then dipped into green scatter materials. The ground bushes were made using metal Brillo cleaning pads just pulled apart and again sprayed brown and soaked in hair spray then dipped into green scatter materials. And lastly i just added some clear gloss in various places to make it look as tho the area was wet from rain water.

I think that about covers it mate lol.

Terry. 

Thanks Terry,

That's a great help, as was your video.

Re your MGR wagons shorting out. Check the back to backs on the wheels. If they are a bit on the narrow side they could be touching point blades as they pass through.

Something I did on mine was to glue one set of pivots where the axle boxes join the chassis, this stops the wagons wobbling a bit. I also restrict the movement at the other end. There are a few pics on my workbench thread which might help.

Thanks again Peter.

Thanks Terry,

That's a great help, as was your video.

Re your MGR wagons shorting out. Check the back to backs on the wheels. If they are a bit on the narrow side they could be touching point blades as they pass through.

Something I did on mine was to glue one set of pivots where the axle boxes join the chassis, this stops the wagons wobbling a bit. I also restrict the movement at the other end. There are a few pics on my workbench thread which might help.

Thanks again Peter.

Thanks Peter i will take a look at your thread to see how you did it. 

Similar to Peter above Terry, I had problems with the Merrygorounds derailing on a diamond crossing and found that the fact  the wheels were made to swivel was the problem. Once I'd glued the wheels solid so that they couldn't swivel, it stopped. Hope this helps. Back to back measurement quite important too,as mentioned.

Dave

Similar to Peter above Terry, I had problems with the Merrygorounds derailing on a diamond crossing and found that the fact  the wheels were made to swivel was the problem. Once I'd glued the wheels solid so that they couldn't swivel, it stopped. Hope this helps. Back to back measurement quite important too,as mentioned.

Dave

Cheers Dave...i think i will start by gluing the bogies to a fixed position first and see how they are then.

• Like 1

Hi all

Over the last few days i have done a little more scenery work. I added these two support walls for the tunnel as i have seen this somewhere in real life and tried to copy it. I have also given the concrete bridge a weathering using powders but feel i have over done it so i think i will have to wash some of it off.

The buffer stop at the entrance to the sidings where the shunter sits has been painted yellow and weathered. The rest of the buffer stops in the sidings will be the same colour as the others around the layout.

post-17682-0-15171600-1434030699.jpg

post-17682-0-25106200-1434030710.jpg

post-17682-0-38562000-1434030718.jpg

post-17682-0-06337700-1434030728.jpg

post-17682-0-70872100-1434030733.jpg

post-17682-0-70137400-1434030740.jpg

post-17682-0-95423500-1434030744.jpg

• Like 11

If you don't like what you see on the concrete bridge, try to look up what some look like and pick one that stands out for you and try to copy it

either way it's going to be light colours even the darkest of colours so again if you don't like it change it

on another note scalescenes do a concrete bridge and there are some good picture of the structure made up I would try and copy that look myself personally

• Like 1

Evening all

I was not totally happy with the weathering job i did on the concrete bridge as i used powders and with powders i found i did not have much control as i would with an airbrush so i tackled to dirt with some baby wipes to try and wipe away most of the powder residue and just left it as it is in the picture as it now looks respectable without the need to get the airbrush out.

I also started gluing down the ballast around the area so it does look very bright right now but there is still so much work to do with the general area before it will pass as representing something realistic.

post-17682-0-29470400-1434128581.jpg

post-17682-0-97849900-1434128588.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Terry,

What is that what stuff you used to make the bridge with ??

Do you mean the concrete bridge i just built?....if so the structure was built using 5mm foam board then clad in 30thou plastikard and primed with Halford's grey primer then painted in concrete colour acrylic paint.

Do you mean the concrete bridge i just built?....if so the structure was built using 5mm foam board then clad in 30thou plastikard and primed with Halford's grey primer then painted in concrete colour acrylic paint.

Thanks Terry.