Glebe Road Junction.

hybridangel77

Photo shoot will be great Terry!!! :senile: :sungum:

Ide luv to get "banks road" into mag... :locomotive:

I think it is the pinnacle of a model railways history...and they contacted me which i never thought would happen as i think the layout is not good enough to feature in a magazine. 

• Like 1

The rock face/hillside next to the scenic fiddle yard is now fully painted using lots of different shades of grey, black and browns and then i went over the edges with white. All that is needed now is the grass, bushes and trees etc but that will be done last once the mainline and stream is complete at the back as i have to lean over the layout and will end up making a mess of all the scenic work.

Reminds me of Tinsley, particularly when looking at the second pic in the post I quoted. Great work, sir.

Edited by DropTheTap

I recently joined this forum and was looking around and Glebe Road junction stood out.

I was thinking how do I know that name? then it clicked you have a YouTube channel. I have watched your videos and I must say it's a fantastic layout with plenty of detail. For someone like me that has no background in model railways you have give me plenty of advice already.

I recently joined this forum and was looking around and Glebe Road junction stood out.

I was thinking how do I know that name? then it clicked you have a YouTube channel. I have watched your videos and I must say it's a fantastic layout with plenty of detail. For someone like me that has no background in model railways you have give me plenty of advice already.

Thanks for following my progress at Glebe Rd and glad to be able to help in any way possible.

Terry

Evening all

Over the past few days i have been working on the scenery that joins the two mainlines together just before the new concrete bridge.

It was done using newspaper soaked in water to form the landscape and then covered in plaster bandage before being painted in various colours of greys, browns and greens. I then went about covering it with different scatter materials including static grass and scratch made bushes using metal brillo pads soaked in hair spray and then covered in scatter materials. There is just the one large tree planted in this area as it is to small an area for more and as you can see from the photo the tree is leaning on a pot of paint until the glue dries.

post-17682-0-16801900-1433190227.jpg

post-17682-0-83111400-1433190233.jpg

post-17682-0-90951300-1433190241.jpg

post-17682-0-75719500-1433190250.jpg

• Like 11

Also today a new loco arrived which i am so excited about as it is one that has been on my wish list for ages but not so easy to get hold of.

Yes it's a Heljan class 14 Teddy Bear in BR blue and is a Hattons exclusive and was purchased and weathered from the weathering works.

The loco still needs a decoder fitted but have put this off for now until i find what decoder is best for it as i have heard it is tricky to fit the decoder into the model and therefor if anyone knows what decoder is right and fits well please let me know.

post-17682-0-81942400-1433190681.jpg

post-17682-0-75762300-1433190689.jpg

post-17682-0-76050200-1433190698.jpg

post-17682-0-64309200-1433190706.jpg

post-17682-0-84630200-1433190713.jpg

• Like 10

Hi Terry,

Have to agree with the others the scenery is looking really good. I need to do a bit of waste land by my bridge so any info on how you did it would be great.

That class 14 looks superb too.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Terry,

Have to agree with the others the scenery is looking really good. I need to do a bit of waste land by my bridge so any info on how you did it would be great.

That class 14 looks superb too.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Peter

It was fairly simple to do and very effective, The ground works was formed using Das clay and formed it into rock/boulder looking shapes and hen scattered across the area and then doused in PVA glue then left to dry. Once dry i gave the whole area a base colour of green and brown and whilst the paint was wet i covered it in chinchilla dust for an added effect.

Once all that dried i sprayed the whole lot in various shades of grey's and browns including a sand colour but in patches so it was not to uniform. Again once dry i added green scatter materials then added patches of dark green and brown long 6mm static grass and then i just covered the whole area with hair spray to lock it all in.

The trees were made using sea foam trees sprayed in brown and then soaked in hair spray then dipped into green scatter materials. The ground bushes were made using metal Brillo cleaning pads just pulled apart and again sprayed brown and soaked in hair spray then dipped into green scatter materials. And lastly i just added some clear gloss in various places to make it look as tho the area was wet from rain water.

I think that about covers it mate lol.

Terry.