Liverpool, April 27th 28th 2013

Michael Delamar

• RMweb Gold

As mentioned earlier in this topic, Appledore will be at the show under phatbobs care. Although he has a few items of my stock, most of it will be his running on conventional DC.

Wish I could make it to give him a hand but already helping Warbonnet with his layout on Saturday down here in the South.

Anyway, here is a general shot of the layout taken last year at the Bulebell Railways model railway weekend.

post-1557-0-09228900-1366879538_thumb.jpg

Just about packed and ready for the off - pick the van up at 16:00 and a trip down the M62/M57 to the city where you should always be prepared to get your arm bitten and your hubcaps nicked. I'm quite looking forward to this show, always a good craic, plenty of leg pulling (he says trying to be polite) and maybe a cheeky pint or two. I feel a few irreverent blog entries coming on.

• RMweb Gold

Calm down, you could be in for the coveted hubcab trophy, cant remember who got it last year(Phatbob?) but it was awarded to Gary Wells at the EM gauge AGM held here last month :)

Nope, wasn't me.  I would have been delighted to have received such a high honour as the hubcap trophy.

See you all in scousepool over the weekend.

352840552_7a9a0a6ec7_z.jpg?zz=1

Guest jonte

Nope, wasn't me.  I would have been delighted to have received such a high honour as the hubcap trophy.

See you all in scousepool over the weekend.

352840552_7a9a0a6ec7_z.jpg?zz=1

I hope and trust all in the above group photo had a safe journey back to Great Yarmouth, Chipping Norton and Stavanger.

Please come back again soon.

Jonte

P.S. Keep practising those pseudo scouse accents. You never know, one day yours could be as good as John Bishop's!

Norway surely?

COYB's

Ian

I hope and trust all in the above group photo had a safe journey back to Great Yarmouth, Chipping Norton and Stavanger.

Please come back again soon.

Jonte

P.S. Keep practising those pseudo scouse accents. You never know, one day yours could be as good as John Bishop's!

Had an enjoyable visit this morning when I took the following photos

post-6748-0-51283100-1367089547.jpg

Furka Oberalp

post-6748-0-52376400-1367089586.jpg

Llugwy Valley Railway

post-6748-0-18730700-1367089648.jpg

post-6748-0-23952800-1367089707.jpg

Appledore

post-6748-0-61909600-1367089741.jpg

AJ Construction

post-6748-0-05580400-1367089761.jpg

Tom's Sidings

post-6748-0-08789800-1367089786.jpg

Penmaenpool station on the Liverpool MRC Dolgellau layout

post-6748-0-31925900-1367089818.jpg

All stop at Widnes Vine Yard

post-6748-0-44483100-1367089849.jpg

Coed Helen

post-6748-0-24516400-1367089891.jpg

Iron Street Mills

post-6748-0-02492200-1367089926.jpg

New Hey

post-6748-0-15727300-1367089961.jpg

Stockport Tiviot Dale

post-6748-0-36369000-1367089988.jpg

The rear of Furka Oberalp

post-6748-0-55765000-1367090030.jpg

G-Wizz

post-6748-0-57810700-1367090051.jpg

Gorne & Dunette Railroad

post-6748-0-77828300-1367090081.jpg

Iron Flats

Finally, busy time at Vine Yard

post-6748-0-95659500-1367090781.jpg

........someone call for the S&T!

Just got back from the show.

Overall pretty good, nice to see Michael D etc.

However I was generally disappointed to spend 2 minutes looking at quite a popular layout on the circuit with nothing running. I must admit to hating that.

Loved the Swiss layout and the Stockport T.D. 2mm will be a great layout when done (adored the track work)

Found the traders samey to be honest.

However for the entrance fee, it was worth it, and yes I'll go again to support them next year.

Cheers

Dave

Big thanks to Jean, Chris, Mike and everyone else at Liverpool MRS for a great weekend. The hospitality (and sausage sarnies) was excellent. Finding a complimentary back of sweeties behind the layout this morning did nothing for the dental health of the team! :-)

Regards

Mike

• RMweb Gold

Ditto what Mike just said.  Big thanks to everybody at the Liverpool MRC for their hospitality.
Having again missed out on the coverted hubcap trophy, I am delighted to repot that I won the equally coverted "bowl of scouse" trophy for worst attempt at a comedy scouse accent.  It shall have pride of place on my mantle-piece. :-)

What a good weekend. Maany thanks to Chris, Mike and the rest of the Liverpool team, that was a well organised and very friendly show and in magnificent surroundings. As Mike says we were all well looked after, the bag of sweeties were not consumed - yet !! I only spent money of one trade stand at the show, the Ship and Mitre. Truly an inspirational stand, it nice to relax and have a pint when operating. Top marks as well for naming a beer for little Jimmy Carlin, a much missed character on the North West exhibition scene.

A really good laugh with the Widnes VY lads as well who were behind us. - Never did get to play Mike!

And the coveted Hubcap trophy? Well I was quite chuffed to win it, a lot of effort goes in to my Scouse extraction of the urine and I was releived that Chris turned the mike off to prevent the Anglo Saxon I was uttering being broadcast. We are back with Eskmuir next year so Ive got another year to build up for the double, something both Liverpool clubs can only dream about. See - Trophy's still warm from my hands and I've started already :mosking:

Ditto what Mike just said.  Big thanks to everybody at the Liverpool MRC for their hospitality.

Having again missed out on the coverted hubcap trophy, I am delighted to repot that I won the equally coverted "bowl of scouse" trophy for worst attempt at a comedy scouse accent.  It shall have pride of place on my mantle-piece. :-)

Totaly agree,was awsome show today!!! look forward to the nexted show... :no:

im really glad it wasnt bitterly cold like last year, it wasnt hot but quite comfortable, although still a bit chilly near the doors.

wont know the attendance figures until later this week but from rumours and looking round it looked like we had a good crowd in.

thanks to all who did the hard work, I got off doing any proper work and was allowed to play with Stockport Tiviot dale all weekend,John was happy with my operating and so I will be at the Stockport show with him in a fortnight.

thanks to those on the tea and cake stand, Jean made nice Sausage barms in the morning, and the exhibitors catering at the centre a short walk away was great too, homemade (help yourself) Lasagne on the Saturday and Shepards pie on the Sunday, then a short walk back to the exhibiton to wash it down with one of the Ship and Mitres ales :)

the traders all seemed happy, we feel we know our audience, more the family end so the trade does reflect that in a way.

but with the exhibits we hope they appeal to both family and hardcore modeller, and we always try and get one or 2 of our own layouts in the show regardless of experience as it gives them a goal through the year to get their layouts built.

the Church people seem happy too, they bend over backwards for us, it is hard to find a venue in Liverpool, this venue is in a better location and better on the budget than the last.

all in all, very pleased, hope all had a good time, 

ps, did anyone get a shot of Mike Williams's 7mm rail milkfloat he was building? :)

Thanks for a great weekend guys, enjoyed being there as part of AndyC's New Hey crew. Undoubtedly the star of the show was one of the trade stands - well done to the Ship and Mitre! A nice touch naming one of the ales (which was rather fine as well) after the much missed Jimmie.

Well looked after, and an unusual (if slightly chilly!) venue.

Also had a walk out onto the beach to see some of Antony Gormley's sculptures.

Kevin.

Archived