Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Kinmundy

steve1

...one of the ongoing plans for Kinmundy is somehow waft a Single Malt whiskey smell in the vicinity of the Kinmundy Distellery...

What you may be seeking is 'Angel Mist'  :angel:   (A slight haze around the Distillery, with perhaps a small amount of a strong tasting west coast Malt, like Laphroaig, in a diffuser) 

About 20 years ago when I was working in Bournemouth (BoMo), there was a pub on the way to Poole that had 'Angel Mist' Single Malt Whisky on the shelf - a nice malt and a good jazz pub too.....  

Apparently ALL the Lochs and Bens etc., are already Whisky Trade Marks (or spoken / reserved for) so the producer of this Malt came up with 'Angel Mist', but they still had to pay duty* on it... :O

* A little evaporation 'In' joke. 

Edited by Penlan
  • Like 1

hey Neil

It would look great to see a number of beer pulls sticking up behind your back scene, 3 or 4 of them, Guinness, Fosters, XB, Banks's just to name a few as you plan to expand the range on the layout, just don't say it wasn't railway related... ha-ha :locomotive:

:no: Jamie

• Like 1

Sounds good mate, hope you find a way of it working, I know the Airwick doesn't work as we expected it to so you need a stronger fan to shift the small of the whisky, but brilliant idea bud.

Jamie  

....... you need a stronger fan to shift the small of the whisky,.....    Jamie  

Not to strong, or they will all be around the layout, rucksacks, *1*@* and all, like flies.

Just a gentle breeze that will attract the discerning nostrils of the Connoisseur to the liberated aroma of a fine malt,.... 

.... that is if any is left over ...

.... from being used for medicinal purposes following the stress of the journey and erecting the layout etc.,  :sungum:

Edited by Penlan

You could always get smashed Martin, sounds more up your street with regards to a drink... or maybe two.... oh go on then last one.... noooo noo...not forgetting to have one for the rooooaaadddd.... hiccup

then the aroma off the whisky from you, with a good burp to let it all out every say 5 minutes..... gross.... I know... haha, sounds like you had a great time, even though you didn't remember none of it

or

just a little capful or two in a fine spray bottle... really fine spray then just a light mist spray over the layout.... may be better...

Jamie

Hi Martin

I have tried and am using the plug in aroma dispensers for my whisky smell for the distillery on Glen Gillie for the last 12 months. It took some time to dispel the original scent from the wick in the bottle. The one major problem is that it takes a good half day for it to become effective. We have tried various other things but the best of all is a small electric mist dispenser similar to the old disco smoke units. The best is an american model which is about 8" square and has to be purchased from the states at a cost of $176 plus delivery!!! Many of the american railroad modellers use them for smells around sheds etc. I have been unable to find an importer. A cheap method, if you can get hold of them, is a ladies scent bottle with the puffer fitted - car boot sales probably.

Peter

Edited by trains12

hey Neil

It would look great to see a number of beer pulls sticking up behind your back scene, 3 or 4 of them, Guinness, Fosters, XB, Banks's just to name a few as you plan to expand the range on the layout, just don't say it wasn't railway related... ha-ha :locomotive:

:no: Jamie

Fosters is not beer. It is the byproduct of a chemical factory and a gnat's lavatory...

steve

Fosters is not beer. It is the byproduct of a chemical factory and a gnat's lavatory...

steve

Hi Steve

Is Fosters like a bad smell that follows you everywhere then, I know the feeling mate and into every pub you go, you get the same old S*t*u*f*f

So what's the difference between Fosters and a Horse then.... about 4 Gallon ha-ha... :no:

Jamie

Hi Martin .....We have tried various other things but the best of all is a small electric mist dispenser similar to the old disco smoke units. The best is an american model which is about 8" square and has to be purchased from the states at a cost of $176 plus delivery!!! ....... A cheap method, ...... is a scent bottle with the puffer fitted...

$175 ? This seems to fly in the face of the impecunious nature of the Scots.

However, I like the idea of a Puffer, though I don't recall Kinmundy having any docking facilities for a (Clyde) Puffer, but it could be the Vital Spark for the aroma from Kinmundy, and that would be Para Handy...! ! ! !  :locomotive: 

Time for a wee lie down, me thinks....

• Like 1

Some two weeks have now flown by after the shock win of the Founders Cup at the Southampton show and I feel it's time to say a few thank you's (in the style of the Oscar's of course!!)

Thanks to Tracey my wife for letting me play trains all weekend down South

To the Southampton Club for inviting me (at Wigan 2012) together with their superb organization, catering and accommodation arrangements at the Show itself

To Peter for the original build

And to the East Riding Finescale Group for transforming the layout together with the rolling stock repaints weathering new prototypical GNSR buildings and a rewire/lighting rig (as well as lightening the project somewhat so now it's somewhat easier to manhandle). With the layout in it's current amended and rebuilt form it certainly catches the people's attention-with the frosty morning look-and I doubt that without the attention to detail of that slightly mad lot from over the other side of the Pennines that the layout would have won any sort of trophy (or possibly ever invitied to another show!). 

Photos of trophy to follow!

Thanks to you one an all!

• Like 7

HI MARTIN

ERFG HAVE DONE AN EXCELLENT TRANSFORMATION ON THE ORIGINAL LAYOUT AND HAVE IMPROVED IT TEN FOLD, THE BRIDGE IN THE MIDEDEL IS AN EXCELLENT PHOTO SHOT AND BREAKS THE LAYOUT UP NICELY...

JAMIE

Edited by 7APT7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...