Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

108's passing

attachicon.gifj.jpg

Nice models..but imo would benefit from some light weathering.

My 105..first thing was to repaint and weather the roof then apart from destination blind and disconnecting the stupid and totally non prototypical red led tailights ...a light dusting plus some powders on the frames

Still to replace the heavy plastic wipers with brass etchings and pick out the marker lights too.

Its the very cheap and very easy finishing touches like this that imo raise an excellent model to something even better.

Kaydees between the unit also needed to close the gap.

post-2371-0-52386800-1456938855_thumb.jpeg

Dave.

• Like 16

I have been plating about with photoshop on a few snaps, the first taken at the glasgow show on sunday just after the lights weant out and the large door was opened right next to my clubs layout.post-10572-0-73320100-1456962991_thumb.jpeg

The others taken over the last few months on my clubs layout glendevon.post-10572-0-50574200-1456963012_thumb.jpegpost-10572-0-68403300-1456963028.jpegpost-10572-0-53442400-1456963050_thumb.jpeg

• Like 17

Nice models..but imo would benefit from some light weathering.

My 105..first thing was to repaint and weather the roof then apart from destination blind and disconnecting the stupid and totally non prototypical red led tailights ...a light dusting plus some powders on the frames

Still to replace the heavy plastic wipers with brass etchings and pick out the marker lights too.

Its the very cheap and very easy finishing touches like this that imo raise an excellent model to something even better.

Kaydees between the unit also needed to close the gap.

attachicon.gifIMG_2783_2.jpeg

Dave.

Kadees and gangways fitted between the three cars, the red lights are always the first to be isolated. Have run out of matt varnish, but it will be done soon

post-4133-0-80151500-1457012746.jpg

• Like 4

Very nice indeed i was watching the layout for a while over the weekend and it was very good to watch. Is the layout going to be in scotland again any time soon?

Gary

Glad you managed to catch the layout in Glasgow, Gary, and I hope you enjoyed watching it.  No immediate plans for any exhibitions in Scotland (it's such a big job to dismantle and move it that it tends not to come out very often!). The nearest it'll be to getting north of the border is the Railex North East show in 2017. Or maybe you can get down to Warley in November?

All the best,

Arp

Kadees and gangways fitted between the three cars, the red lights are always the first to be isolated. Have run out of matt varnish, but it will be done soon

attachicon.gifpost-4133-0-90082600-1456583385_thumb.jpg

Looks good..Kadees and gangways make a huge difference.

On applying a matt varnish ..you're obviously handy with an airbrush and coinfident to do this but personally I am not unhappy with the finish on Bachmann DMUs  just the 'clean' under frames and bogies which are usually not black but brake dust brown and easily altered with powder which of course can just as easily be removed with a wet paintbrush if not right so a safe weathering option.

I also like to weather the roof a little round the vents and exhaust..I do usually airbrush that but again powders are a good option and can be built up or removed easily.

Dave.

• Like 1