RMweb

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

I don't like to be picky, but if that's the eastern end of the sheds/TMD, would it not be sunrise rather than sunset?

Either way, it's an outstanding model, captured with accurate photography using natural light to excellent effect!!!

Jinty ;)

• RMweb Premium

Few more from Alloa..not been a lot happening of late as new layout takes shape.

attachicon.gifDSC01040.jpeg

attachicon.gifDSC01041 - Version 3.jpeg

attachicon.gifDSC_1459.jpeg

attachicon.gifDSC_1023 - Version 3.jpeg

attachicon.gifImage_2-4.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG00411-20120321-2101 - Version 2.jpeg

. Scrolling up from the bottom I recognised it as Alloa without seeing the name of the layout.... Not recognising the layout I should add. Recognising it from photographs of Alloa station. That's realism.

Andy

• Agree 1

. Scrolling up from the bottom I recognised it as Alloa without seeing the name of the layout.... Not recognising the layout I should add. Recognising it from photographs of Alloa station. That's realism.

Andy

Andy thats high praise indeed and very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Dave.

I don't like to be picky, but if that's the eastern end of the sheds/TMD, would it not be sunrise rather than sunset?

You're quite right of course, but WW is oriented 180 degrees out relative to the sun compared with the prototype to make the most of the windows and light in the room and the position of the sun. I always think that when the sun sets on WW, the light is too warm to look like a sunrise, hence my caption.

The only solution would be to turn the layout 180 degrees, but then the lighting on the Waverley part of the layout would be nowhere near as good because of where the windows are in the room.

I did wonder how long it would be before someone mentioned it!

• Like 2

You're quite right of course, but WW is oriented 180 degrees out relative to the sun compared with the prototype to make the most of the windows and light in the room and the position of the sun. I always think that when the sun sets on WW, the light is too warm to look like a sunrise, hence my caption.

The only solution would be to turn the layout 180 degrees, but then the lighting on the Waverley part of the layout would be nowhere near as good because of where the windows are in the room.

I did wonder how long it would be before someone mentioned it!

Whatever your orientation, it in no way detracts from being one of the finest layouts around!

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Ken

• Like 1

Had another try with my 2 C's

East Sussex '43

post-29051-0-22778400-1478707993_thumb.jpg

And my very, very clean looking E4, it'll get weathered after I send it off to get renumbered to 2473, I may even get it turned black since no. 2517 is due for release in olive eventually...

post-29051-0-23917400-1478707906_thumb.jpg

post-29051-0-23420300-1478707828_thumb.jpg

Edited by GreenGiraffe22
  • Like 7