RMweb

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

I think the Jouef class 40 captures the character of the loco well. I know they are too wide, and a bit crude, but they just look like a 40.

I agree eniterely Baby Deltic, lima and bachman just dont capture them for me either (iv got about 26 Joueff 40s at mo!) a bit of tinkereing and a nice paint job they look brilliant, nice to know im not on my own with them.

Cactustrain, that is the most realistic picture on here yet I reckon; for me that dirty scene deserves to win but voters maybe want to see trees and other stuff...we'll see.

About the French 40.......I love it; it's not accurate on the nose but it's a part of modelling history and sort of cosy that it ever came to fruition. I sold a lot of outmoded loco's but couldn't part with my Joueff's :D

Andy

I agree eniterely Baby Deltic, lima and bachman just dont capture them for me either (iv got about 26 Joueff 40s at mo!) a bit of tinkereing and a nice paint job they look brilliant, nice to know im not on my own with them.

Gents

The Baccy 40 isn't that bad.

post-4133-082705800 1289134264_thumb.jpg

post-4133-033429500 1289134304_thumb.jpg

post-4133-039587300 1289134355_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Gents

The Baccy 40 isn't that bad.

O aye i wouldnt say no to one! i dunno what it is about the Joueffs tht just capture it for me, think its just the chunkyness of the things, your 127 does looks rather good with the weathering and wonky 0's

O aye i wouldnt say no to one! i dunno what it is about the Joueffs tht just capture it for me, think its just the chunkyness of the things, your 127 does looks rather good with the weathering and wonky 0's

Meanwhile back to the thread I thinks folks as there are other areas to discuss this should you wish to.

This was one of my favourite pics that the magician, Chris Nevard took of Eastwood when he was over earlier in the year. Thanks to Chris and Model Rail for allowing me to post this on RMWeb. Copyright of the pic is with Chris Nevard....

Sunday engineering works in the Midlands meant that WCML services to Glasgow were diverted through Eastwood Tunnel......

It's my train set....;)

post-6950-035022500 1289330518_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

47535 enters Western Boulevard along the Braunstone Gate spur with a rake of NSE Mk1s destined for the cutters torch at VB's ! The rising plume of smog in the distance is being generated by Ratcliffe Power Station on the Nottingshire/Derbyshire border.

post-6667-062125600 1289845717_thumb.jpg

47535 returns light engine to Beale St.

post-6667-030879600 1289845764_thumb.jpg

• Like 6