Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

Nice atmospheric shot harks me back to my younger days! Hmm I think I recognise that 47 in the background!! B)

Cheers

Cav

Cheers Cav! Yes the 47 came from yourself via Ebay to me, very nice weathering on it :) You might recognise the 20 in the background of this shot also!!

post-1198-019363400 1290446583_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Indeed I do! I really liked those two loco's I nearly kept them for myself!

I don't get the chance to really go to town on models so much at the minute as virtually all of my commision time is taken up with my recent repaint/weathering contract with a certain sheffiled based model shop who won't pay for all the stops out jobs!

Guest jim s-w

Hi All

This generally crap, badly coloured and grainy picture shows...

APT%20at%20New%20Street.jpg

... the only known visit of an APT to Birmingham!

In reality I have found a picture of half a set being towed past Saltley but as far as I know an APT never got to New Street. (even if one did it would be out of period for my layout anyway!

Cheers

Jim

• Like 1

Hi Jim

Love it despite the Age and its colours, I just started getting into Real Railway stuff when this came out, so it kind of stands out to me as my generation... Even if it was a £££Billion Pound Failure...

Love the photo mate, even thou it’s not your era, nice for you to put it in...

Hope you are OK...

Jamie

Edited by Mod5
Photo and quote removed

Even if it was a £££Billion Pound Failure...

APT was far from a billion pound failure. I'm sure someone on the site will know the figure but the amount spent on it was in real terms very little. It also spawned many separate advances that have found there way into current rolling stock.

At the same time as BR were developing APT on a very limited budget, the French really were investing billions in their infrastructure. Who did best out of those two choices? In fact if the many millions that have been paid in subsidies from the privatisation fiasco had been invested in the railways, we probably wouldn't have the shambles of a network that we have now.

j

• Like 1

Gentleman I have just had to remove two quotes from the above two posts as they contained the complete post and photo that they were referring to This is not needed and was discussed at length here.

Just to recap there is no need to use the Reply using this quote button. If you do it copies everything including any pictures which means that everyone who reads the thread then has to trawl past the copied posts just to read the next one.

Please could the quote button only be used if you need it. If in doubt as to whether this means you then you could do me a huge favour and read the post highlighted above.

The National Gallery on The Mound, Edinburgh, late one night in 1986...

Cheers,

Dave

Superb. Even my wife, who's never very impressed by model railways, knew at once where this was and thought it was a superb picture. She's an Edinburgh lass so I guess she knows what she's talking about