Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

Getting back on Topic.....

post-3088-0-27498900-1497498464_thumb.jpg

The S&DR as seen at Port Bredy, 1937

Edited by john flann
  • Like 16

Pedant mode on:

Getting back on Topic.....

attachicon.gifHTK_0047-2.jpg

The S&DR as seen at Port Bredy, 1937

Where?

​Pedant Mode off. :stinker: 

:offtopic: 

I'm still not sure.....

98818 is the latest addition to WCRC. Its modelled pretty much as it is running on test, seen in some film and pictures after test runs from Carnforth to Hellifield. The engine will become, 35018  British India Line, which I presume is going into BR lined black.

Back off-topic: I just spent some time investigating the official website of WCRC - http://www.westcoastrailways.co.uk/.

Not one mention of, or link to, any of the fleet of locomotives used by them (other than listing the class of engine scheduled for forthcoming trains).

Am I missing something?

There is a list here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Coast_Railways#Fleet_details

Regards

Rand

Back off-topic: I just spent some time investigating the official website of WCRC - http://www.westcoastrailways.co.uk/.

Not one mention of, or link to, any of the fleet of locomotives used by them (other than listing the class of engine scheduled for forthcoming trains).

Am I missing something?

Here is the list for the scheduled Mainline runs 

http://www.uksteam.info/tours/trs17.htm

Regards 

Rand

As I understand it none of the locos used by WCRC are owned by them. All are in other ownership. They are used by arrangement.

There is too, or was  somewhere on this Forum a topic for WCRC and I suggest it be used for purposes concerning that entity.

Not this.

The thread can then be devoted to the purpose for what is intended, "How realistic...."

Edited by john flann

Some decrepit sidings and a nicely fettled mainline.

That ballasting is rather good Mr F. Just needs a red carded (hot box) ammonia tank sat up against those stop blocks & you'd be sorted.

Could almost be P4.   :smile_mini2:

P

Edited by Porcy Mane

I'm not sure who would own the ammonia tank, as it would depend on the period as to whether its BR stock or a leased wagon. Either way they would be used by arrangement.

There is too, or was  somewhere on this Forum a topic for Track work and the Permanent way and I suggest it be used for purposes concerning that entity.

Not this.

The thread can then be devoted to the purpose for what is intended, "How realistic...."

:jester: 

Seriously, that track work looks absolutely fantastic and could easily be compared to the real thing. I also enjoy the conversation that comes from people acknowledging each others work and achievements or asking about some items in it, before it quickly returns back to topic, with another excellent picture...

• Like 1

I'm not sure who would own the ammonia tank, as it would depend on the period as to whether its BR stock or a leased wagon. Either way they would be used by arrangement.

There is too, or was  somewhere on this Forum a topic for Track work and the Permanent way and I suggest it be used for purposes concerning that entity.

Not this.

Seriously, that track work looks absolutely fantastic and could easily be compared to the real thing. I also enjoy the conversation that comes from people acknowledging each others work and achievements or asking about some items in it, before it quickly returns back to topic, with another excellent picture...

Eh?

I guess you need to study Haverton Hill > Heysham Moss (via Wharfdale) traffic flows.

Here are a couple of clues...

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/iciunfittank/hb286191#hb286191

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/iciunfittank/h1c67aa07#h1c67aa07

Throw in a few  black (and white) liveried WD ammonia tanks, a few Silver (ICI) methanol tanks along with some MOS tanks and you have a realistic rake of wagons that was being dispatched to various parts of the UK from Haverton Hill on a daily basis right up until the late 1960's. Sometimes up to four a day of these trains were ran and as normal freights shown in the WTT. :blum_mini:

The fact that Mr Franks is building a rake of these wagons  with the odd ammonia/methanol tank  regularly been seen in sidings along their enter route after being "knocked out" due to hot boxes (and particularity in the repair siding right next to Broughton Road in Skipton) has nothing to do with my comment above.

Have a read through the comments about this pic and follow the link provided for a little more background. 

https://flic.kr/p/kbWcgw

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

Not this.

I see Porcy has answered your comment re the ammonia tankers so we'll leave it at that.

As far as the pictures of kit or handmade track is concerned, is that not a model as much as a building, rolling stock, a loco etc? There are a few pictures on this thread showing trackwork, see post #4830 and some other pictures that feature a loco sitting on said track which has drawn comments. Some of us like to build railways from the ground up so that includes the track rather than using the ready to plant set track.... :jester:

Dave.

• Like 2