Glenfinick, West Highland in N

Andrew P

Wonderful bodging there  :jester:

Have you ever thought about doing a video of the back-scenes

I'm sure we would like to see how its done  :no:

Billy check out Trebudoc, at the bottom of page 28  is a video done by George of me doing a backscene

Bodgit

• RMweb Gold

Andy, that's some wonderful painting, it catches the essence of a highland scene exactly.

Very envious of your talents, I'll have to stick to photos for backscenes, I think.

Brilliant, mate, keep on keeping on...

Billy check out Trebudoc, at the bottom of page 28  is a video done by George of me doing a backscene

Bodgit

I though I had seen something like it somewhere on the telly or similar

Its those two old codgers of Trebudoc  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

When I see Andy's work it makes be think of Rolf Harris with his "can you see what it is yet" as suddenly it comes to life. You sir are an artist. You capture the essence with the minimum of effort. The rocks look a bit bluish to me but that could be the computer, my eyesight or they really are that colour, no matter they still look like rocks.

Don

Hi all, I had another play with the back scene yesterday and changed it a bit so here are a couple of new pics, the main difference is the distant mountain range is more grey/blue, i.e.hazy and some snow on the caps.

Again any input would be welcome.

post-9335-0-75985700-1365234672_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-55327400-1365234715_thumb.jpg

I will do a long shot later

Bodgit

• Like 1

Looking good Andy. For me I still think the near hills are a but too saturated (green) its surprising how wishy washy landscape colours need to get. I'm actually wondering whether to paint my own backscene for Millers Dale or get some photo ones made up of the actual location. Hmm decisions decisions.

Cav

Photos?

Looking good Andy. For me I still think the near hills are a but too saturated (green) its surprising how wishy washy landscape colours need to get. I'm actually wondering whether to paint my own backscene for Millers Dale or get some photo ones made up of the actual location. Hmm decisions decisions.

Cav

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy.

My pennyworth.

Though I'm only looking at your photos by what my pc renders, I'm quite happy with the ;saturated' green.

Why?  It throughs (oops) throws  the distant hills/mountains further into the distance. 

Possibly think about that too.

Looking great as usual.  No. Stunning.

Pollyverdi

Edited by southern42
  • Like 1

I received this at 21:49 on email.

I have now almost finished the Mod Rock and started to Colour the area to get some ideas as to where the grass will go and I will add the grass in the next couple of days, (take note Jeff,) hahahha

So far I haven't been able to read it on here. FRUSTRATED.

I want to see any pictures.

You realy need to slow down Andy, you'll run out of steam soon :jester:  :jester: :jester:  

Duncan

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy.

My pennyworth.

Though I'm only looking at your photos by what my pc renders, I'm quite happy with the ;saturated' green.

Why?  It throughs (oops) throws  the distant hills/mountains further into the distance. 

Pollyverdi

Went east today and took note of the landscape along the north coast towards Chester.

Some observations:

How much you tone down your colour will depend on - time of day and year; direction, height and amount of sun; amount of haze; distance (first horizon within a mile or two or greater; how far away the second horizon is).  So, no clear cut answer I'm afraid.

May I suggest you look at some photos if you want to confirm/modify your first impressions?

I'm sure your bodgit instinct will come up trumps.

Pollyvision

Edit.  It may depend on how far north you are, too.  :sungum:

Edited by southern42

Looking good Andy. For me I still think the near hills are a but too saturated (green) its surprising how wishy washy landscape colours need to get. I'm actually wondering whCether to paint my own backscene for Millers Dale or get some photo ones made up of the actual location. Hmm decisions decisions.

Cav

Hi Cav, they are a totally different look to the naked eye, but I am still working on them.

I wish I hadn't posted the pics until I was totally happy.

Andy

Hi Andy.

My pennyworth.

Pollyverdi

Hi Polly see reply above.

Bodgit

I received this at 21:49 on email.

I have now almost finished the Mod Rock and started to Colour the area to get some ideas as to where the grass will go and I will add the grass in the next couple of days, (take note Jeff,) hahahha

So far I haven't been able to read it on here. FRUSTRATED.

I want to see any pictures.

You realy need to slow down Andy, you'll run out of steam soon :jester:  :jester: :jester:  

Duncan

Hi Duncan, yes I started to write a post and then realised I had made a BIG BODGE, so I scrapped the post before entering it, I can't understand how you saw it as I had not hit the post button and went streight to cancel post , that is a mystery.

Bodged

Like the mountain in the background,perhaps the green could be toned down a fraction ,Sir Bodgit you are indeed an artist but dont chop one of your ears off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Imsforever, well as you will see from the posts above, it looks different to the naked eye, (although my eyes arn't naked so I don't understand that saying,) but I am still working on it.

Bodger the Bodger

Went east today and took note of the landscape along the north coast towards Chester.

Some observations:

How much you tone down your colour will depend on - time of day and year; direction, height and amount of sun; amount of haze; distance (first horizon within a mile or two or greater; how far away the second horizon is).  So, no clear cut answer I'm afraid.

May I suggest you look at some photos if you want to confirm/modify your first impressions?

I'm sure your bodgit instinct will come up trumps.

Pollyvision

Edit.  It may depend on how far north you are, too.  :sungum:

Hi Polly, well I was looking at some photos of Rancoch Moor and around Tyndrum, with the sun behind the camera the valleys show up quite green and the trees almost BLACK, so I have gone for that sort of look.

The reason I pulled the post that Duncan was refering to above was because I had to much rock in the foreground above the Station, the tree line will come down to the Station area and just rocks around the shore line and in the cuttings / embankments.

Bodgit of the Glen :sungum:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Cav, they are a totally different look to the naked eye, but I am still working on them.

I wish I hadn't posted the pics until I was totally happy.

Andy

Hi Polly see reply above.

Bodgit

Ah, but then we wouldn't see the master craftsman in action. :sungum:

The process is often as enlightening as the finished article and we get to see how others think on different issues - and sometimes a lot of the time you get some useless enjoyable banter.   :mosking: :mosking: :mosking:

Hope we've not upset the Baron Bodgit, Artist Esq.  You keep on posting - we'll keep on learning or sharing our expertise (mine's more in the first category)

PollyLplate