Glenfinick, West Highland in N

Andrew P

Thanks Marcus, I will be doing some scenic's on Thursday all being well but need some Mod Rock and Plaster first.

Bodgit

Andy

I think Jeff has cornered the market. Don't you know of the UK wide plaster shortage :jester:

Duncan

• RMweb Gold

Well Andy. You call him Mr/Sir (K)Nowall. HE HAS SPOKEN!!

You are a modeller. End of discussion. And a bl**dy good one at that!

Thanks for the last PM. I'll try and get on with the job asap. Today has been very frustrating - hope you've made more progress than me!

Jeff

Well I am glad that has been settled.  Mind you I am sure there is magic in the way he makes the backscene look so easy in the videos.

Don

Good afternoon all, as some of you may know Jeff, (Physicsman) has used my consultancy business to gleam ideas for a MAJOR REBUILD of Kirkby Lunside, hhhahaaa. Well that got me thinking, what if ? and so I went to work with my Stanley Knife this afternoon and  cut away the embankment at the Bridge end of the Layout. Originally the track was going from the bridge into a small cutting and then into the tunnel. BUT, I have now cut away the front area and moved the tunnel back about 3 inches. This has resulted in a more open and natural look at this end as the track is now sitting on a ledge cut into the hillside as it would have been. The flow of the hill down from the the top will look a lot better and larger. (I HOPE :no: )

post-9335-0-28624000-1364491037_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-44619900-1364491071_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-21894900-1364491098_thumb.jpg

Bodged it again :sungum:

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Nice job Andy. One of these days - when I need to MOVE a layout from place to place, and weight is an issue - I'll get round to using polystyrene.

Keep the photos coming!

Jeff

George - Andy is a magician... even if the Corn Flakes box is giving away free sunglasses, he'd find a tunnel and class 31 in the damn thing (apologies if it's not a 31... a 24?).

Jeff

O.K. al,l well I have now plastered around the left tunnel portal although it will have some scenery added above later to continue the hill upwards. I have also added some paint just to get an idea of contours, the final colours will be as per Glen Roy.

I have also added some blue for the Lake, although again the colour will be adjusted later in the build.

post-9335-0-95129400-1364583495_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-05620000-1364583531_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-54458500-1364583560_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-70540700-1364583590_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-87973100-1364583614_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-46192100-1364583642_thumb.jpg

Bodgit of the Glen :sungum:

• Like 4

Heavens - you don't hang about, do you?

Andy - did you use polystyrene as an underbase for Masons Lane? Thinking about it, do you do this on all the layouts?

Jeff

Hi Jeff, This is the first time I have used polestyrene, I normally just use the card and cornflakes boxes, 3 inch wide masking tape with PVA etc. :locomotive: :locomotive:

Bodgit :sungum:

Bodgit of the Glen I thought this was a West Highland layout if so Wit's this all aboot

"I have also added some blue for the Lake, although again the colour will be adjusted later in the build."

The only lake I know in scotland is the lake of menteith near the aberfoyle branch line all other wee bits of water which are bigger than a puddle we call Lochs up here!!

Other than that yer wee layout is lookin great

Regards Eddie

Bodgit of the Glen I thought this was a West Highland layout if so Wit's this all aboot

"I have also added some blue for the Lake, although again the colour will be adjusted later in the build."

The only lake I know in scotland is the lake of menteith near the aberfoyle branch line all other wee bits of water which are bigger than a puddle we call Lochs up here!!

Other than that yer wee layout is lookin great

Regards Eddie

Eddie you are soooooooooooooooo right, it is the LOCH :no:

B :O ODGED AGAIN

• RMweb Gold

Looking good Andy

Really impressed how your layouts come together so quickly...and the scenics really can make or break a layout - enjoyed your last two (amongst others) 7mm layouts and look forward to see how this turns out.

Incidentally, I attach a pic of my extract of Kyle which was built using 2mmFS track and re-wheeled N rtr locos...meant to post it last week when this all surfaced but got caught up in work stuff...

In summary, if you are happy building layouts to watch trains go by, then why change?...Rule No.1 etc ;)

post-3290-0-59783400-1364596275.jpg

• Like 2