Glenfinick, West Highland in N

Andrew P

Jason - your thinking is far too logical at times! Very good point, though.

Have you enough space for a loch-side frontage, Andy?

Jeff

Andy

This is one idea that I would like to see. :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

Duncan

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

My first thoughts were that plan A would scenically look best, but considering Jason's point, perhaps plan B would be slightly more realistic - apart from the landscape constraints.

What does this mean?

Well, stick with plan A, providing the landscape is severe enough to justify the concave curve!

As well as having the landscape drop away at the front, could you also have a rocky outcrop on one side coming up above the track level?

Serving two purposes - (1) complicating the landscape, thus further justification for the track route through the rock and (2) allowing the train to disappear momentarily from view?

Hi All, Cheers again for all your input, The Quay idea is still going around in my head but I am not too sure, There is a water outlet / Stream or whatever on the front left, but that size of drop for a Quayside would be to much. A quay would only be about one and a half to two inches down to the water, i.e. 20 to 25 feet below land / track level/.

As I have already cut the board away on the left, down the full 3 1/2 inches hat would then be below the water level and so that can't be done without re fitting the wood to the fascia, and that would then spoil the whole look of the frontage, so I may just stick to rocks / Lakeside or something.

Bodgit :sungum:

Here are some pics of today's work, not much done I am afraid, :no:  just laid the cork and then re laid the track and cut out the platform surfaces ready for making a frame for them to sit on.

post-9335-0-95730000-1363389674_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-61357700-1363389708_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-57037300-1363389741_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-43015500-1363389780_thumb.jpg

Jeff, the other one (Binney) has been around this evening and we have been re setting CV's on some of his Steam Stock, eaten a few Biscuits and had a Coffee, so a nice evening :locomotive: :locomotive: .

Bodgit :sungum:

• Like 3

So Binnie get's 'Biscuits' and a 'coffee' ?  l only get a half glass of orange squash, Great photo's there Bodgit, never knew you had so much track, cos' you can always add another three foot section, then another five foot section and you will have another 'Deesdale'  hahahah  (Stick to your original plan mate) looking good, cant wait to see it for real, (never know l might get into 'N gauge would certainly solve the space problem) ?

btw Dapol are bringing out a West country in 'N gauge, now that l gotta see, then who know's ?

knowall..

I think rocks and the hint of lakeside would be more than adequate, Andy.

Keep it simple - as your videos show you always do!  :O  :O

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

BUT

It's me that's simpel

Gitbod :no:

So Binnie get's 'Biscuits' and a 'coffee' ?  l only get a half glass of orange squash, Great photo's there Bodgit, never knew you had so much track, cos' you can always add another three foot section, then another five foot section and you will have another 'Deesdale'  hahahah  (Stick to your original plan mate) looking good, cant wait to see it for real, (never know l might get into 'N gauge would certainly solve the space problem) ?

btw Dapol are bringing out a West country in 'N gauge, now that l gotta see, then who know's ?

knowall..

Hi Knowall, you could fit a Sound chip in a Bullied, and then build an N Gauge Steam Depot of Nine Elms to scale.

Dogtib :no: Bodgit :stinker:

Hi Knowall, you could fit a Sound chip in a Bullied, and then build an N Gauge Steam Depot of Nine Elms to scale.

Dogtib :no: Bodgit :stinker:

Andy

Is this the plan for your next layout after G :jester:

Duncan

Cheers Chaps, I appreciate you favorable comments so thanks,

Now young Duncan, have I ever mentioned G Scale amongst these pages? NO :butcher:  so please don't tempt into a Garden project when we move. hahha :superman: :superman:

Hi Pete, good to hear from you again, :friends:  I hope you are well and having better weather than we have here this afternoon, It's throwing it down at the moment. :O

Good afternoon Gary, thanks for the KID bit that made me fell quite good for a few moments, then I looked in the mirror and realised you were joking, :sungum:  :sungum:  hahahahaeee

I will end up with 9 fiddle yard roads, that will be 5 through roads and 2 kick backs on either side(2 more points to buy for those yet). The longest through line is about 39 inches and the shortest 15 inches, the 4 kick backs will be a tadge under 18 inches each. The plan is for the main passenger and freight to go in the through roads and the lesser used traffic into the kick backs.

I HOPE :no:

Hi Shortliner, just think of a nice warming drink around a warm log fire in a Scottish Manor, :scared:

Bodgit :locomotive:

O.K. A few more pics from today's work, but more to do later, so here goes.

In the first one you will see that I have decided against the kick back siding behind the platform as per Glenfinan, that is because it will compromise what I have planned for the front and there will be no room for road access here. :senile:

post-9335-0-64627500-1363452549_thumb.jpg

Now the Bridge, Peco track rubbers are NOT a perminent arrangement, hahah :nono:  and that will be developed into a rocky stream coming doooown the mooooontin :no:

post-9335-0-98670800-1363452585_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-67944100-1363452762_thumb.jpg

And lastly the curve into the tunnel from the Station, I will have access inside the tunnel from the fiddle yard. :scared:

post-9335-0-58217100-1363452818_thumb.jpg

Bodgit of the Glen :sungum:

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I would go for that stream coming down to a loch and the rock bank down to the edge. A small peeble beach with a couple of small boats for fishermen would add some useful detail.

Don

ps any thoughts of nessie belong in the Lunster Lounge

I would go for that stream coming down to a loch and the rock bank down to the edge. A small peeble beach with a couple of small boats for fishermen would add some useful detail.

Don

ps any thoughts of nessie belong in the Lunster Lounge

I will put a request in to Jeff, I am sure Nessie can become a Junior Lunester :tongue2clear: :tongue2clear: after all we have POLLY, hahaaaa :devil: :devil:

Godbit  of theGlen :hunter:

Hi Pete, good to hear from you again, :friends:  I hope you are well and having better weather than we have here this afternoon, It's throwing it down at the moment. :O

Bodgit :locomotive:

Would you believe it is snowing heavily here right now.....We get a break tomorrow and then more starting on Monday into Tuesday......

Of course all this sh--snow will be heading your way after us, I'm afraid.

Best, Pete.

Would you believe it is snowing heavily here right now.....We get a break tomorrow and then more starting on Monday into Tuesday......

Of course all this sh--snow will be heading your way after us, I'm afraid.

Best, Pete.

Oh no, Thanks for that Pete, we don't want it,.

Hi all, here are some more pics from this afternoon,

I have cut away the front of the board to give me a better idea of where I am heading, at the left hand end there will be a stream coming down to the lake edge from under the bridge.

post-9335-0-06183200-1363464992_thumb.jpg

Then further along there is a small bit of the lake / shore line.

post-9335-0-51420100-1363465065_thumb.jpg

And then at the right hand end the lake goes all around the corner so as to give a reason for the sharp curvature of the track at that end.

post-9335-0-66360100-1363465155_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-53364100-1363465225_thumb.jpg

And finally a look along the front, I may level it out a bit as I go so that it is more embankment than up and down, also I am not to sure about the high bit, although I did the same with Glen Roy and that worked well.

post-9335-0-42932000-1363465391_thumb.jpg

Bodgit of the Glen :sungum:

• Like 6

I have now knocked off the high knobby  bit as it just did not work, I think I will get the power saw out again and remove some of the ups and downs and brig it all down to almost a shore line :pleasantry: :pleasantry: .

Bodged as normal :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Edit I wont get the saw out this time of night as I don't think SWMBO will be happy :negative:

Edited by Andrew P