RMweb

Great British Locomotives

EddieB

• RMweb Premium

To quote a telly program 'Never mind the length feel the quality'

Now all i need to do is to remember which program it was...

And I still haven't got any T9's in my mitts! Will I see the four I ordered from my local newsagent, who say that their supplier haven't had any in yet.....?

Andy G

• RMweb Gold

And I still haven't got any T9's in my mitts! Will I see the four I ordered from my local newsagent, who say that their supplier haven't had any in yet.....?

Andy G

I know a man that can ;)

Ok this is my mess is anyone worse than me?

That's tidy by Grifone standards! 

I dare not tidy up as then I'd never find anything, as against merely taking ages! :jester:

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

Andy G

Hi Andy, it's a not a quote from a programme, it was the title of a sitcom series in the late sixties about tailors.  Very un-PC if I recall accurately.  But with only 3 channels, you watched it.  Probably the 7:30pm comedy slot on BBC but I can't be sure.

F.A.O (Smiffy 2)

Nice article so far on the Great Bulbous Lumps conversion of T9 To older styleeeee. :locomotive:

You have asked if there is LSWR lining sheets available. Might be some use here for you? 

On the same type of subject concerning lining.

I have done some research in past concerning whilst painting and lining the Kitmaster 8ft Stirling model.

Yes, I picked one of these cheap off Ebay, seller didn't know what they were getting rid of, got model for pennies!!

Anyway the colour scheme for that Kitmaster 8ft Stirling model has turned out something like the present GBL weird paint job for T9 model!!!???

The green was Rover Applejack Green from Halfords, suitably dulled down !!

This colour was the nearest I could get for the GNR green it was preserved in?? :scratchhead:

The black and white lining lining I have used  was HMRS pressfix models products.

These are available direct from them. Will cost a bomb though!!!

Ebay does have these, again be careful, shop about a bit as they turn up through other sellers not listing them for sale!!! Got emails from sellers behind the scenes, all very strange this??!!

Managed to buy loads of SMS old style waterslide transfers,from some sellers and they too did not know what they had sold me!!  :)

For Black lining I have used these:-

(HMRS transfer sheets  for Black Lining are 102 P for Black Lining also if you require white as I did for Stirling 8ft they are 103P.)

Petes Spares as I have an account with them, are at present flogging these sheets for £5.50. reduced from £5.90, only thing to worry about there is his postage. Its worth buying something else to add to order as the postage should stay the same for two or three products!!!? ;)

I will look through the SMS transfer sheets also here to see if there is anything suitable for this type of lining.

I have managed by careful modelling and replacing the missing pipework and valve (missing as you will see in previous thread) from side of T9. I have included photograph before painting.

Because of GBLs glue that shows clearly here in photograph I feel this will be repainted in BR colours? Also the fact that the tall cab has had the windows ruined by possible same person!!

We will never  know!!???

post-14209-0-86822400-1416143222_thumb.jpg

Edited by Uries15

• RMweb Premium

"Right ! Everybody Out." was the weekly 'Tag' for the Rag trade as I recall.

How'd we get this far OT ?

Cheers,

John

Edit punctuation.

Edited by Brit70053

Issue 19. A line up of Princesses with a Hornby tender driven LMS Princess Elizabeth, a Hornby Princess Arthur of Connaught and a Great British Locomotives Princess Margaret Rose. Princess Elizabeth did not make it to the Swanage Railway but this is what it would have looked like if it did. The other picture is a comparison of the Hornby Princess Arthur of Connaught with the Great British Locomotives Princess Margaret Rose.

post-17621-0-41556100-1416163374_thumb.jpg

post-17621-0-63595000-1416163401_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

"Right ! Everybody Out." was the weekly 'Tag' for the Rag trade as I recall.

How'd we get this far OT ?

Cheers,

John

Edit punctuation.

Apart from only three channels (two for many of us, until we could afford a new 'telly' in glorious 625 line monochrome or a lot more for a colour set*), the reason we watched these programmes was that they were actually funny, unlike most of today's so called comedy. (IMHO!).

* Roughly £60/70 or £250/300 (you could pay more) - add a zero for today's prices (Again approximately). Small screens (<19") were a bit cheaper.

Back OT, there was a GBL 28xx for a fiver at today's toyfair - I still didn't indulge (I've owned a Hornby body for years and still haven't got around to a chassis for her).

I did get a badly assembled, but more of less complete (a few bits, like steps, missing, but nothing serious) Will's parallel boiler 'Royal Scot' and tender for £4. It was designed for a cut down Tri-ang Pacific chassis IIRC.

GBL will now decide to produce one......

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 2

T9 unobtainable in the Winchester, Eastleigh area from day one, despite my repeated visits to all known outlets.

I have attempted to purchase one from GBL themselves, but was robustly refused this evening. Apparently, I cannot order issue #20 until December 1st!

It is an interesting business plan that makes it so difficult to part a punter from his money.

I welcome pms regarding swapsies (limited to early issues) or a straight buy of a 'good un'!