Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the pictures.  I was afraid S. Brent was under closure and was awaiting the orange army to appear.  Better watch out for the signal box!

Brian.

There's no chance of my signal box being demolished.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

A touch of the small prairie would be nice, Rob.

It may tempt me to tinker with mine........Small prairie that is...cough..

Rob

• RMweb Gold

That would be nice!  Somebody else with a 44xx.  Models of this small class are somewhat rare.  What is the origin of yours CK?

1970s-era K's kit. Originally built when working in Germany in the 1970s 'as per instructions', later completely dismantled and re-built with scratchbuilt chassis in 1984. Was intended for the GWR (1930s) layout that was planned but never built (the baseboards that had been completed eventually became 'Engine Wood').

• RMweb Premium

Any Sunday requests as the sun's currently shining on the righteous.

A 4-6-0, some milk and a toplight brake...............?

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

One of these days, Robin, perhaps we can give my GWR-liveried 4406 a spin?

Now that would be nice but wait till the Spring as it's bloody cold down the railway room this time of year.In the meantime I've got my old 4407 out of storage for you as it's the same kit as you mention.One of my first ever loco kit builds and it shews.I think Combe Barton of this thread's parish is building the Mitchell version which of course is far superior to this K's version.

post-126-0-82334600-1417966996_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-13037500-1417967013_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-27490100-1417967027_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-43660500-1417967042_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 13

• RMweb Gold

My 44xx is 4407 as well, a Mitchell kit but in 7mm, so cannot run on Brent...... As 4407 was Laira engine post WW2, perhaps yours could be seen on ANTB. more frequently? They are a pleasant change from the more numerous 45s.

You're welcome to post a photo of it Paul.Incidently 4407 had outside steampipes fitted post war so my model is incorrect for the period I model.Did these ever get GWR lettering as I've never seen one.Even so, give me a far superior Bachmann 45xx anyday.

• RMweb Gold

They are a pleasant change from the more numerous 45s.

Not seen for a while, my 4547 sits quietly between duties.This would look nice with a Santa Express headboard.

post-126-0-75628300-1417987651_thumb.jpeg

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Would 'they' have called it a 'Santa Express' in 1947? I think it could have been the Uletide Rambler or maybe the St. Nicholas Explorer

Whatever it might have been called the children would have been thrilled after the wartime austerity years.

Despite rumours on this Forum I am not featured in this 1947 picture.post-2326-0-95984900-1417989778.jpg

Q

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Right you lot, Mr Stationmaster is off on hols for a few days so you can go back to your normal ways of excluding trains from this thread and not even have to worry about putting tail lamps on the rhinos.

Bon voyage.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

He's off on a Shed Bash. Sadly he will only have to visit one (Toton), maybe two if you include Crewe Gresty Lane.

There are more steam sheds in the UK than 'real railway' sheds these days and I don't include bog cart depots.

Bog carts.....pah!

P

Small print.

There may or may not be more than 1/2 depots left.

I don't care if there is.

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Right you lot, Mr Stationmaster is off on hols for a few days so you can go back to your normal ways of excluding trains from this thread and not even have to worry about putting tail lamps on the rhinos.

You must have a decent pension if you can afford a holiday this time of year and who have you left in charge of putting the correct lamps on. :jester:

• Like 1