RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Just need the voice of the legend that's Brian Cant.No loco headlamps though...

I met Mr Cant a few times in the early 80s. He got involved in our School's music and drama.

He was doing Playaway (all together now.........) at that time. Very nice man as I recall; real gent.

P

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Great - normal service has been resumed.

Whatever normal is on this thread but don't you get tired of seeing the same old shots. ;) 'We' need something new to look at.....

Whatever normal is on this thread but don't you get tired of seeing the same old shots. ;) 'We' need something new to look at.....

:offtopic:

Hopefully your 64xx will arrive in Coventry before these do:

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/driverless-cars-trialled-coventry-roads-8625717

Be interesting to see which one fares best on the Ring Road

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Gold

When can we see a 64xx Rob?

I've asked Andy Y to bring the BRM review model round but he's ignoring me ! We had some fun a couple of years back with the Hornby 42xx.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

post-14122-0-53626400-1423682381_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-12443600-1423682397.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Excellent lining.

....and

one of the layouts at Donny had an engineering possession on the sunday morning complete with ballast trains and little red flags across the running lines

For the record it was Florinstone

Great excuse for nowt moving and/or operators having not arrived due to previous night's outing to Donny Town Centre and forgetting to just wear a vest, leather trousers, pointy shoes not dissimilar to those worn by Aladdin and bald head accessory (and that's just the lasses  :angel:). Or actually wearing those but going to the 'wrong' pub or perhaps, travelling up to Bawtry!  :drag:  

Tourist Information: South Yorkshire.

• RMweb Gold

actually to be fair to them it was all moving, ballast wagons coming and going - was a very good little cameo. Unlike some layouts (no names no pack drill) they didn't actually need engineering work because their trains ran well all day!

• Like 1

Something involving a Newton Abbot banking locomotive being useful like this one at Totnes:

post-9751-0-99050300-1423683358.jpg

Apart from there being no dairy at Brent and your pathological dislike of the "Airfix" Large Prairie it could have worked.

On a serious historical note when were those banking duty "targets" (the thing with the '2') first used?

• Like 5

Right, shall I do my pigeon van build on here or in a separate blog like Sierd and John's.

"Pigeons are incredibly complex and intelligent animals. They are one of only a small number of species to pass the ‘mirror test’ – a test of self recognition. They can also recognise each letter of the human alphabet, differentiate between photographs, and even distinguish different humans within a photograph."

Looks as if the pigeons will be quite happy to follow their van build here, although navigating their way to another part of RMWeb wouldn't a problem for them given their skill set.

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Right, shall I do my pigeon van build on here or in a separate blog like Sierd and John's.

yma , os gwelwch yn dda