RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Don't mind me, here I am a brain the size of a planet and they ask me to monitor threads, calm that job satisfaction 'cause I don't...

I think you should know I'm feeling very depressed...

• RMweb Premium

Just to upset the natives I've always felt that Brent could do with seeing some hydraulics again, or even something more outrageous?

Actually Andy, that would be an excuse for Rob to just edge one of his 'eras' up to 1958 and then he could just add some Warpedships to the front of his trains. (Well actually, not quite the front as steam loco's were still often on the front at this time).

Of course, if he went ten years on from this he could have some proper job Westerns having fun around the west country. 

B. Robertson (Sir).

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Actually Andy, that would be an excuse for Rob to just edge one of his 'eras' up to 1958 and then he could just add some Warpedships to the front of his trains. (Well actually, not quite the front as steam loco's were still often on the front at this time).

Of course, if he went ten years on from this he could have some proper job Westerns having fun around the west country. 

B. Robertson (Sir).

Talking of Warships and I have three great Brent shots featuring the class, all very modellable.

6837 Forthampton Grange/ D817 Foxhound double header 1960.

D815 Druid 1960.

D847 Strongbow 1961 ?

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Talking of Warships and I have three great Brent shots featuring the class, all very modellable.

6837 Forthampton Grange/ D817 Foxhound double header 1960.

D815 Druid 1960.

D847 Strongbow 1961 ?

Go on Rob, you know you want to. In fact I have a Green Warship you may borrow if you wish.

Phil

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have three

Strongbow

and a couple of pints of 1664 and everything in the World is great........  Happy weekend "Brenters"

• RMweb Premium

A bit of advice please - I am looking for 2 storage boxes for a Saint and a Hall with tenders (OO guage), and also a shorter one for a tender only.

I have seen plenty on Evilbay, but would prefer a recommended box from a fellow ANTB fan whom I can trust (I for-see comments coming along any time soon....)

I would prefer something along the lines of the old Dublo engine boxes ("lift the lid")  rather than modern Hornby /Bachmann type.  I can add padding - It's just a pair of quality boxes I need for now.

Thanks in advance.

• RMweb Premium

I see that Spams has got put off our threads because of "dross".That's a shame because I quite enjoy that part of the whole thing and gives me a well needed laugh every so often. However, in case it has the same effect on others and to keep Rob sweet, I shall stop positing dross on here and keep that for SOSJ. 

That is the end of the news.

Philth.