RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

I didn't get any death threats when I ran my Southern stock....

No, just loads of hugs and kisses from ####

By the way, the 64XX is quite smart. Please cover in filth immediately before that photo bloke from Barth come over to film it.

P

• RMweb Premium

GOVERNMENT IN TURMOIL FOLLOWING SHOCK REVELATION THAT CAPTAIN KERNOW IS TWO SANDWICHES, A SMALL PORK PIE AND HALF AN OLD BANANA SHORT OF A PICNIC!

This being the official diagnosis after examination?

Ar$e

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Having now read the article and seen the delicious photo of Mr Dudley -Cooke's Kingstorre in MRJ , I've decided to give up.

Nooooooooooooooooooo. Brent is superbio and at least won't get washed away in a big stormy thingy next winter.

Phil

Having now read the article and seen the delicious photo of Mr Dudley -Cooke's Kingstorre in MRJ , I've decided to give up.

Not before that delightful footbridge makes an appearance in all its full painted glory I hope...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

An very interesting snippet from that layout article was that a SR West Country class was spotted with a rake comprising;

B set,1938 3rd, Toplight bk compo, brown vehicle tail traffic and a K32 full brake.Nice.

• Like 1

An very interesting snippet from that layout article was that a SR West Country class was spotted with a rake comprising;

B set,1938 3rd, Toplight bk compo, brown vehicle tail traffic and a K32 full brake.Nice.

Brown vehicle - and other vehicles - tail traffic was rather more common that we think.  Look out for the Steam on 35mm DVDs from John Huntley and see how many GWR passenger trains ran with tail traffic - even the Cheltenham Flyer (the "Fastest Train in the World") wasn't exempt as there is film of the train with various vans hung on the back.  The practice continued well into BR days.

Edited by Bulwell Hall

• RMweb Gold

No way!!

I'd much rather go train spotting in 1947 Brent than Channel 4 now!

A very nice siphon g build too Gerry in the latest MRJ.

Thanks - glad you like it! 

Glad you like Kingstorre as well - and please don't give up as the article was meant to inspire and not to discourage - that is most certainly not what was intended!  And don't forget - Kingstorre is the result of over forty years of dedicated work.

Gerry

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Oh hadn't realised that  Kingstorre is in MRJ again. Can anyone see my coaches?

Phil

They are absolute beauties, very well painted and close coupled.Stunning modelling.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

They are absolute beauties, very well painted and close coupled.Stunning modelling.

How kind, but you don't know which ones he wanted. Anyway, I only did about six and Robert finished them off and painted them so the credit is really all his. There should be an ex Artic conversion in there somewhere. I'd like to see that finished.

So is this in the latest MRJ? If so I'll get a copy if I can.

Phil

• RMweb Gold

How kind, but you don't know which ones he wanted. Anyway, I only did about six and Robert finished them off and painted them so the credit is really all his. There should be an ex Artic conversion in there somewhere. I'd like to see that finished.

So is this in the latest MRJ? If so I'll get a copy if I can.

Phil

Yes it is Ducky, Old Boy.

Issue 248.

Rob

An SR West Country class - nice! ... and some GWR carriages too.

Apologies, I have acquired a copy of MRJ and Kingstorre is most impressive, but don't give up on Brent Rob!, yours is a cracking model of a real location, can't wait for the footbridge.

Drink!