RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Here is the olden days for those that are young.

attachicon.gifdownload (8).jpg

Methusela Cribbing

Why are the men carrying the handbags ? -- it's too early for feminism. Perhaps they are carrying all the paraphernalia required for pipe smoking. Remember the most popular of all?

Having discussed the matter with the Cornish branch of ANTB appreciation group they decided some restrain was needed regarding this matter and "holy" disagree that after sending in their Chief Surveyor it can be confirmed that NO sink holes are within the vicinity of the Lych gate !

post-20303-0-82952600-1469662063_thumb.jpeg

Yours

Mr. V. Olcanoo

I thought the lych gate was there to hid that enormous sink hole.....

Moreover, I can neither confirm or deny the local clergy were present whilst a quinquennial survey may or may not have taken place during the original construction of said structure.

post-20303-0-88293500-1469662677_thumb.jpeg

I can however confirm that no local clergy were harmed whilst laying the last stones.

Yours

Stanley K.Nife

Stonemason & Carpenter

• Like 6

Having discussed the matter with the Cornish branch of ANTB appreciation group they decided some restrain was needed regarding this matter and "holy" disagree that after sending in their Chief Surveyor it can be confirmed that NO sink holes are within the vicinity of the Lych gate !

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Yours

Mr. V. Olcanoo

For some reason that reminds me of this:

post-9751-0-95566500-1469666792.jpg

Let's hope that Tavistock fared better than Troy did.

• RMweb Premium

Why are the men carrying the handbags ? -- it's too early for feminism. Perhaps they are carrying all the paraphernalia required for pipe smoking. Remember the most popular ###### of all?

They come from Bracknell and really are 'a lady'..................

Gone already.

P

• RMweb Gold

Here in Somerset our Maypoles are much smaller and less scary........

Mike

...wondering whether I can run Maunsell rebuilt LSWR coaches through Limpley Stoke without invoking Rule 1.....

Why are the men carrying the handbags ? -- it's too early for feminism. Perhaps they are carrying all the paraphernalia required for pipe smoking. Remember the most popular ###### of all?

I think you will find they are man bags from my improved engine green range. Not every locomotive has a bag named after it.

Yours,

post-9751-0-43846800-1469705778.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I think you will find they are man bags from my improved engine green range. Not every locomotive has a bag named after it.

Yours,

attachicon.gifgladstone1.jpg

'andsome engine my boy. Are those Pullman Cars on the bridge? Should be an Omnibus.

Pharth

Edited by Mallard60022

Prototype Inspiration. A couple of paragraphs that inspired the model, pah I could do a degree in it.

Prototype inspiration ? What about this with pantographs then ......

post-20303-0-98811400-1469747638.jpeg

Oops ! Mis-read it, Paragraphs you say ? Humph !

Well I did go for an eye test this afternoon, maybe the varifocals I've decided to try will help in future ?

Yours

Iris Ball

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

whilst searching for something else, I happened upon this:

49:12 in is Brent - in colour!  Also the Kingsbridge Branch with a variety of 45xx and 4575 present with some rather garish B sets.

Thought you might enjoy!

Brilliant. First piece is of Ross and Monmouth too with Driving Trailer wot Comet does.

Did you all spot the LMS and Thompson coach in one Brent Branch shot? 50.30.

Philth

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Prototype inspiration ? What about this with pantographs then ......

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Oops ! Mis-read it, Paragraphs you say ? Humph !

Well I did go for an eye test this afternoon, maybe the varifocals I've decided to try will help in future ?

Yours

Iris Ball

That's a European locomotive that is.................presumably a real kettle as it has an electric water heater (I think ?) Where is Iris Ball when you need her? She knows about foreign things.

D. Ampflok 

• RMweb Premium

Just been wasting my time again and wondered if folk had browsed the below recently?

http://www.worsleyworks.co.uk/4mm/4mm_GWR.htm

I used some of these sides last year and they were good for a 'part conversion'

Check their modelling weekend in Kidderminster this year; I'm sort of tempted....................

Phil