RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
On 20/03/2023 at 13:51, The Stationmaster said:

Alas - as explaned to Rob ina PM yeserday, I g didn't get to speak to Richard webster as the first time I went to teh stand he was besieged and subsequently when i looked he wasn't there at all/. Joel wasn't there either on all the pccasions I looked.

Further to this he @coeurdelyon has posted on the Dapol autocoach thread that the corridor toplights are being close to signing off for production. The diagrams were posted on here back in November. These were the highest polling item in the poll shewn above.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

On 29/11/2022 at 16:15, gwrrob said:

I have an exclusive announcement to this thread from a very reliable and kind source regarding the Dapol corridor toplights currently at the drawing stage.

They are planning SIX types initially :

D56 Brake Third , both left and right versions.

C32 All Third

E98/103 Composite , both left and right versions.

And wait for it.....

K22 Full Brake.😇

Optional later releases could include 

E95 Brake Composite

E88 Composite

These two would be panelled.

Good to you lot aren't I.

Thanks for this information. Would you mind me posting this on the GWR Modellers Facebook page? This would be very useful to many of our members on group.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, Garethp8873 said:

Thanks for this information. Would you mind me posting this on the GWR Modellers Facebook page? This would be very useful to many of our members on group.

No problem @Garethp8873

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Here's another with 4575 class small prairie 5551 heading down the branch.

Love that one Robin. GW branch line heaven.  It'll be interesting to see that view with the forthcoming Rapido offerings.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Always popular before her retirement, Manor class 7804 Baydon Manor waits for the signal to take an up service to Exeter. The car belongs to Dr Creasey who is visiting Miss Jasper in the station booking office.

843719296_ManorA.jpg.fe9cd5719142097f444e9e3394e35972.jpg

How is Dr Creasy?  I think this might have been an amorous visit rather than professional . Has Bradley Manor served you for forty years like mine - retirement richly deserved !

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 5

• RMweb Premium

On 23/03/2023 at 14:27, gwrrob said:

I can't take any credit as it was taken by Chris Nevard. Here's another with 4575 class small prairie 5551 heading down the branch. All this will be possibly replaced by goodies coming from Rapido.

2141232165_Beachhuts(2).jpg.4aed3792f2c74d476eeb1b5bece4dbb8.jpg

Thats a view we haven't seen before, nice 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Don't trust him Robin.  Next you'll be taking three days to drive a train from one end of ANTB to the other and there will be a mysterious crate in the goods yard.  😀

• Funny 10

• RMweb Gold

Being perhaps a bit too pedantic, isn’t the crate a little late for the transport?  Or has it been marked up for the company ownership when it’s eventually opened a la Little Muddle.  I thought GEC was 70s (ish) AEI 60s and back in GWR times it would have been BTH, SGE, MetVic etc?

Paul.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2