RMweb

Pencarrow: nothing to see, move along please.

2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

Looking at other threads I think I've handled the missing part issue incorrectly...

I identified the problem, checked I wasn't being an idiot, wrote politely to the supplier, promptly received a replacement and then thanked them both publicly and privately.

It would appear that standard practice is to rant, call the supplier all the names under the sun, act like a spoiled child and then wonder why telepathy or rude emails don't solve the issue.

My mistake, sorry. ;-p

• RMweb Gold

Still can't see where this brake van fits into the corn store though...

Oh, and speaking of brake vans, I have thought about contemplating how I could consider procrastinating about making a start on looking at the B&W one.

• RMweb Premium

Still can't see where this brake van fits into the corn store though...

Oh, and speaking of brake vans, I have thought about contemplating how I could consider procrastinating about making a start on looking at the B&W one.

The LMS brakevan won't fit in the corn store Stu as the tracks will be a lower level, there will be a road in the way and the original B&W period rail entrance has been blocked up.

Seriously though, the van is just an interlude to keep my sanity in check. There's only so much stonework you can do before tedium appears for me and the thread.

And yes, get that B&W hen house started!

• Like 1

Hi

The Etches and resin castings for the well tank have been done so just waiting for the lost wax and white metal castings. Once I get them I can build the prototypes. The kit builds six versions of the loco. Round and square splashers for the 1895, 1921 and 1937 rebuilds.

We are hoping that the kits will be available for Reading show on the 5th of Dec.

Marc  

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Four words I never thought I would see written down...

It's all comparative. I wandered around some interesting places between Theale and Hammersmith last week. I'll be spending this next week in a hotel in Heathrow. Living the dream. Might have a few moments to develop that sketch though...

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Managed to grab the odd bit of time over the last week to almost finished the build of the BR brake. As ever lots of time to do a few tiny little bits.

post-6675-0-57309400-1448806931_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-85444000-1448806962_thumb.jpg

The side handrails were a pain as they need soldering to little brackets. I was brave with two of them and soldered them in situ on the model but them decided I'd pushed my luck and reverted to using the brass template provided by Slaters. Worked just as well. Lots of drilling holes for all the other castings. I really like the cast safety bars for the entrance, two types provided - horizontal in place and vertical dangling. A nice touch by Slaters.

The roof isn't fixed on yet...

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

I'm somewhat puzzled with the buffers though. The parts provided are here:

post-6675-0-30368500-1448807493.jpg

The issue I have is that the steel buffer bit seems to flop around a lot in the brass shank. There's also nothing provided to retain the buffers in the housing:

post-6675-0-09866800-1448807605.jpg

post-6675-0-54070400-1448807623.jpg

What's going on?

attachicon.gifrps20151129_142023.jpg

The issue I have is that the steel buffer bit seems to flop around a lot in the brass shank. There's also nothing provided to retain the buffers in the housing:

attachicon.gifrps20151129_142045.jpg

attachicon.gifrps20151129_142101.jpg

What's going on?

Inevitably I feel a saggy buffer sketch coming on...

What's going on?

Looks like wrong heads, right body, or right heads, wrong body.

I have some heads that will fit those bodies!!! :no:

• RMweb Gold

What's going on?

There appear to be some components missing - apart from the fact that the ones you have don't fit each other correctly.