Pencarrow: nothing to see, move along please.

2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

Mobile support and lighting for the boards.

Mike

Spot on.

I've bought some cheepo Wickes kitchen units which are currently on sale and better value than any other units I can find.

3.8m worth of these will be used under the 4.0m long scenic section of the layout for storage but will be mounted on casters rather than the usual kitchen unit legs and plinth.

They will be grouped in 1.4m 1.0m and 1.4m lengths, 5 units in all. At the ends of these and in between adjacent units will be vertical frames on which will:

# support the layout boards

# provide something on which to hang the backscene

# provide the rear high rail on which will rest the back of the LED lighting strips

This set up will enable the units on wheels to be pulled out for access under the boards. It will also enable the layout to be packed away if the room is needed for a bedroom.

Pillars at front right and left will support the high fascia panel which will double as the front rest for the lighting unit LED strips. A lower fascia will finish the front if the layout off.

That's the plan anyway.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Spot on.

I've bought some cheepo Wickes kitchen units which are currently on sale and better value than any other units I can find.

3.8m worth of these will be used under the 4.0m long scenic section of the layout for storage but will be mounted on casters rather than the usual kitchen unit legs and plinth.

They will be grouped in 1.4m 1.0m and 1.4m lengths, 5 units in all. At the ends of these and in between adjacent units will be vertical frames on which will:

# support the layout boards

# provide something on which to hang the backscene

# provide the rear high rail on which will rest the back of the LED lighting strips

This set up will enable the units on wheels to be pulled out for access under the boards. It will also enable the layout to be packed away if the room is needed for a bedroom.

Pillars at front right and left will support the high fascia panel which will double as the front rest for the lighting unit LED strips. A lower fascia will finish the front if the layout off.

That's the plan anyway.

Oh so it is not a homemade three seater commode then.

Don