Dobris In HO - (pronounced Dobzhreesh) - derailed train

roundhouse

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, GWRPhil said:

Here’s a few pics I took. As per Ian’s first trip to dobris 1 trailer dropped in a siding. 

IMG_0038.jpeg.3716c1ede64614ef01aa2c6c07de0299.jpeg

IMG_0037.jpeg.64e719a4e97bb434afd25c9fa02bb93c.jpeg

IMG_0036.jpeg.17b8391fcb882fc1d731a0213baaaee8.jpeg

It was a differnet siding to that but otherwise yes thats what happened on our first trip back in 2005 when they nearly removed weekday passenger services. Luckily they have remained at one train every two hours and have since repainted the station and added platforms although not to the standard thet we are used to in the UK.

Was good to see you again Phil and glad that you enjoyed operating the layout.

We were departing the venue half hour after closing and had the layout back home and unloaded before 9pm.

I have few ideas of improvements to the layout behind the scenes and also to add information panels along the front as I often overheard visitors trying to work out which country it was. Whilst we know what the flag is that we put up on the front, its not as common to see as other European flags. We did have a lot of visitors who were interested in the layout though.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, roundhouse said:

It was a differnet siding to that but otherwise yes thats what happened on our first trip back in 2005 when they nearly removed weekday passenger services. Luckily they have remained at one train every two hours and have since repainted the station and added platforms although not to the standard thet we are used to in the UK.

Was good to see you again Phil and glad that you enjoyed operating the layout.

We were departing the venue half hour after closing and had the layout back home and unloaded before 9pm.

I have few ideas of improvements to the layout behind the scenes and also to add information panels along the front as I often overheard visitors trying to work out which country it was. Whilst we know what the flag is that we put up on the front, its not as common to see as other European flags. We did have a lot of visitors who were interested in the layout though.

It was great to be able to operate and thank you for a great day. If you let me know which siding I’ll make sure I get it in the right one next time. 

• Like 1

• roundhouse changed the title to Dobris In HO - (pronounced Dobzhreesh) - Back from Bristol at Thornbury Leisure Centre
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

This weekend Dobris will be at the Fareham show.

Stock will be checked over during the week but the one loco that wasnt running well at Thornbury has already been dealt with. This Roco model had a detatched wire to one of the trucks. A bit of a long winded way to get the trucks apart but nothing that a soldering iron couldnt sort out once it was apart.

• Like 2

• roundhouse changed the title to Dobris In HO - (pronounced Dobzhreesh) - Next show is Fareham
  • RMweb Gold

The car was loaded yesterday ready for an early start his morning.  Unfortunately the M25 / A3 junction is shut all weekend so alternative route was planned but now just spotted that the A3 to the M27 junction is also shut, so another replan.  What should have been a 1 hr 15 minute journey could take us 2 hours. We normally allow 2 hours to set up but luckily this layout is quick to set up and can be running in just over an hour and we have a full crew this weekend so shouldn't be an issue.

Come say hello if you are visiting the Fareham show this weekend. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A few photos taken yesterday at the Fareham show. The layout is running well and the new front display panel has worked well when viewers are figuring out what country the layout is modelled on.

The info is removable so it can be used on other layouts.

20231007_145747.jpg

20231007_153532.jpg

• Like 7

• roundhouse changed the title to Dobris In HO - (pronounced Dobzhreesh) - Last show for 2023 was Fareham
On 08/10/2023 at 10:28, roundhouse said:

The ... new front display panel has worked well when viewers are figuring out what country the layout is modelled on.

Is the whacking great Czech flag too subtle then? What's its size - 1m by 1½m?

• RMweb Gold
On 16/10/2023 at 16:11, roundhouse said:

I guess that quite a few people don't know what country the flag is from.

Had that with my Swiss layouts, so many ask if it’s Germany despite the flags on top of the light rig. The German layout doesn’t seem to get mistaken for some reason. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • roundhouse changed the title to Dobris In HO - (pronounced Dobzhreesh) - derailed train
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, roundhouse said:

There has been a derailed DMU on the Dobris line. Unfortunately I haven't been able to translate the details.

FB_IMG_1714664864916.jpg

FB_IMG_1714664852796.jpg

https://prazsky.denik.cz/nehody/praha-vykolejeni-vlaku-zastaveni-provozu.html

Emergency services went to the passenger train accident that took place near the village of Klínec in Prague - west. The train started on its own and derailed in an inaccessible place. Traffic on the track is at a standstill.

The accident happened on Thursday, May 2 before 2:00 p.m. on railway line 210 between the municipalities of Měchenice and Čisovice.

Police spokeswoman Michaela Richterová told Deník that the train probably started on its own. There was neither the driver nor any passengers in it at the time. According to the spokesperson, all three wagons ended up off the track. According to information, he was traveling at a speed of more than 100 km/h before the derailment. According to Martin Kavka, the spokesman for the firefighters of the Railway Administration, the accident stopped traffic on the track. The rescue service also went to the scene as a precaution.

According to the server zDopravy.cz, the train set off without a driver already at the Čisovice station, then passed the departure signal and the switch and traveled a total of four kilometers on the track before derailing. During this, she passed four railway crossings secured only by a warning cross without barriers.

České dráhy also commented on the event: "At the Čisovice railway station, an empty motor unit 814 ran towards Skochovice. There were no passengers or staff members on the train at the time of the emergency. The train was stopped and locked at the time."

And they added that: "There were no injuries in the accident and no one was endangered in the incident, as all safety rules immediately worked and traffic on the track was immediately interrupted even before the Region's unit derailed at approximately km 24.6 in the Bojovského potok valley. Railway inspectors will now investigate the reasons for the unit's unintended derailment. The driver was taken out of service." The circumstances of the traffic accident and why the train started are also being investigated by the police.

• Informative/Useful 1