Model Rail 182 May 2013

dibber25

I've always contacted them by logging in to the online customer services on www.greatmagazines.co.uk and using the 'contact us' link as it fills in your subscription details etc. To be fair to them, they've always answered quickly and extended my subscription by one issue when they've been unable to send a missing supplement. Unfortunately this has been the case both times I've had to ask for one before, meaning a trip into town to buy a replacement and I'm expecting the same again now that this month's supplement is also AWOL :banghead:

That aside I must congratulate the MR team for another great issue, which is as usual top notch and a thoroughly enjoyable read. I only wish Bauer Media would up their game and master the art of adding a supplement to a plastic bag...

Well, I'm happy to be proven wrong - apparently a supplement will be winging its way to me soonest :)

• RMweb Gold

Having bought several copies (cant imagine why!) have several supplements lurking if supplies run short.

As to the mag - what can I say? Many many thanks for putting us on show in this way - given that this is our first completed layout and that a neighbour used to rib me as the previous one never had any scenery we have come a long way. 

Also feel humbled to be published in exalted company of other superb layouts

Article has exceeded all expectations!

Phil

Its a shame that some people seem to be missing their workbench manual, I think its one of the best yet. Having all that information about loco introductions in one place is handy, I do have trouble remembering all that prototype information sometimes! Also that 1968 Lostock Hall picture is frankly fantastic.

Impressive issue. I'm particularly pleased to see Gordon & Maggie Gravett's excellent Pempoul in there. A superb layout that shows that good modelling isn't restricted to UK prototype.

steve

Good issue, but the Bachmann news is a bit mixed up.

00 section, phot of a 24/1 but no mention of it in the list of new items.

N section, phot of a Mk 2F.  Weirdest looking 2F I've ever seen. 2 or 2A I reckon.

Having bought several copies (cant imagine why!) have several supplements lurking if supplies run short.

As to the mag - what can I say? Many many thanks for putting us on show in this way - given that this is our first completed layout and that a neighbour used to rib me as the previous one never had any scenery we have come a long way. 

Also feel humbled to be published in exalted company of other superb layouts

Article has exceeded all expectations!

Phil

Take a bow Sir, your layout is truly excellent, along with many others that have featured in this excellent Magazine.

Good issue, but the Bachmann news is a bit mixed up.

00 section, phot of a 24/1 but no mention of it in the list of new items.

N section, phot of a Mk 2F.  Weirdest looking 2F I've ever seen. 2 or 2A I reckon.

The 43 is not in the listing of OO new Diesels & Electrics either, although both it and the 24/1 are mentioned in the text, so I suspect the list is just new versions of existing models.

However the N Gauge 'Mark 2f' coach is definitely wrong as you say !

I think I will have to send my MR182 back for correction, the plan of Abbotswood Junction on P35 does not match the photo on P33.

That aside, the bit on P86 about how to build catenary has really inspired me to have a go. It is the first article I have seen that actually makes it look possible (at least with my level of skill), with lots of detail about exactly what to use and why, and how to do it. The pictures of it installed on Outen Road look superb.

The 43 is not in the listing of OO new Diesels & Electrics either, although both it and the 24/1 are mentioned in the text, so I suspect the list is just new versions of existing models.

If they are mentioned in the text, they are not likely to be repeated in the list as it is just duplication and wastes valuable space. None of the steam locos mentioned in the text are on the list, either. I suppose the word 'Other' could have been used in the heading to the lists....

CHRIS LEIGH

• RMweb Gold

I think I will have to send my MR182 back for correction, the plan of Abbotswood Junction on P35 does not match the photo on P33.

Ah yes, thanks for pointing that out Suzie - we appear to have acquired an additional trailing crossover! Wont be altering the track plan to incorporate it though

There was a further crossover - allegedly - in the depths of time directly from the down Worcester line across both up and down Bham lines to the down goods loop - to facilitate loco changes from Worcester direction. An interesting later addition for us perhaps?

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Archived