RIGHT PRICE V2

Hi all,

I am wondering if any you good souls out there have built one of these? I know that there may be little faults with it at the price, but hoping there is nothing that makes it impossible to get right. Also what should I be looking out for with the loco class in general.

The picture on their site looks to be ok. But I know very little about the loco or the kit maker.

Thanks

I would say you get what you pay for and that a DJH kit would be better, but  not as cheap. There is also the Finescale Brass/Sang Chen  RTR Model,which is still available at about £1400. I think there is a review of the Right Price Kit on the "O" Gauge Guild website if you are a member. 

As for the real thing the Tenders were a bit of a minefield, Low Fronted, High Fronted, Flared Sides and then the Loco's themselves some  had Outside Steam Pipes following the replacement of the Single Cylinder Casting (which provided all 3 cylinders in one casting) with Individual Castings after about 1960. This in turn affected the valve gear. So a photo of the proposed locomotive to be modelled is essential. Good Luck.

Regards, Derek.

Thanks for the replies so far, Yes it is O gauge and they do half a dozen locos Ivan. Derek thanks for the heads up on the cylinders and tenders, I have built only oo guage DJH kits was not impressed at all. So never even contemplate them. Not sure of period as yet but will look into the photos. Not to bothered if the kit needs a little of my input as long as most is dimensionally right.

Archived