Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Gold

no, only got the one picture of the 37

just heading back from carlisle after a run up there with the logs, the previous driver had a problem in chirk with the fueller so i had to take it onto basford hall instead, bet its been a while since a 56 has been on that fuel point!!

8A366C2E-39EA-490B-8074-0B8AFB670B42.jpg

finally left crewe at 03:45ish, 160 mins late but had a non stop run up to carlisle which was good

Edited by big jim
  • Like 13

• RMweb Gold

just heading back from carlisle after a run up there with the logs, the previous driver had a problem in chirk with the fueller so i had to take it onto basford hall instead, bet its been a while since a 56 has been on that fuel point!!

8A366C2E-39EA-490B-8074-0B8AFB670B42.jpg

finally left crewe at 03:45ish, 160 mins late but had a non stop run up to carlisle which was good

Do you get Green Shield stamps when you fill up at a 'service station'?

Geoff

Is it me, or does that 56 look like it's got a smile with that offset step, the high intensity light and the windows?

• Like 2

Is it me, or does that 56 look like it's got a smile with that offset step, the high intensity light and the windows?

Of course it's smiling - it's having a drink. I usually have a smile on my face when I'm in the pub being topped up...

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

not been many updates for a while as i've been on nights pretty much for 2 weeks so far, same again this week with the added fun of lodging away in gloucester from tonight, still a good excuse to pop up the road to cheltenham model centre at some point!

not bothered with my proper camera as i've had a trainee with me getting his hours in so i've only taken a couple of iphone pics

didcot last week, 60, 66 and 67

2380558C-F7B5-4254-A7D2-FFE610AF7B4E.jpg

and wating at water orton for the road towards nuneaton, i'd got down to speak to the signaller as he was running me signal to signal with nothing else around, turned out that as i was early leicester wouldnt accept me so he was trying to keep me moving slowly until they did, i ended up going into whitacre loop for 1/2 hour anyway!

56EAD437-A465-4550-A027-15E008AB16DC.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Water Orton - my favourite spotting location!!!

Look out for the regular Tuesday gathering, its not unusual to get 15 plus enthusiasts during daylight hours - even at this time of the year!!!

I've never been to water Orrin but from what everyone says I'd love to visit one day.

• RMweb Gold

Colas class 70 - 70801 : have heard an unconfirmed rumour that it may be on the move tomorrow - from Cardiff to Gloucester?Anyone able to confirm?

i'll find out for you later, and only because i'm lodging in gloucester at the min so will go and have a look if its about!!

EDIT: I do know what happening tomorrow now but i should keep the froth going for a bit!!

Edited by big jim

i'll find out for you later, and only because i'm lodging in gloucester at the min so will go and have a look if its about!!

EDIT: I do know what happening tomorrow now but i should keep the froth going for a bit!!

Ok, thats it....times up....now spill the beans.!!!!!!

• RMweb Premium

i've heard a rumour that the reason the two colas 70's havent left the docs yet it that they have problems with the wheels being out of gauge and that theyre trying  to sort out taking the sets out and regauging them. dont know if anyone else has heard this or knows whether it is true or not.

• RMweb Gold

i've heard a rumour that the reason the two colas 70's havent left the docs yet it that they have problems with the wheels being out of gauge and that theyre trying  to sort out taking the sets out and regauging them. dont know if anyone else has heard this or knows whether it is true or not.

you have just won the prize for the most elaborate, far fetched, way off the mark rumour yet!

the cardiff-gloucester move tomorrow isn't the 70 (no need for a sarky yawn btw, im not building suspense its just i have other things to do too!)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

oh right, it threw me a bit as its a few posts down from my comment

the biggest yawn however is waiting for the 70s to finally come off the docks, the excitment of going to collect them has long worn off now, and i'm annual leave soon so i probably wont get them anyway!

the canton-gloucester move is merely a loco swap on the coal train tomorrow (66846)

oh right, it threw me a bit as its a few posts down from my commentthe biggest yawn however is waiting for the 70s to finally come off the docks, the excitment of going to collect them has long worn off now, and i'm annual leave soon so i probably wont get them anyway!the canton-gloucester move is merely a loco swap on the coal train tomorrow (66846)

Keep up the good work Jim - great thread