RMweb

Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Gold

The more i look at the colas 70s the more i think that the solebar would look good in black rather than orange/yellow

Ive been looking through my class 70 manual in preperation for next weeks training course, quite a lot to take in , probably make more sense once i actually get on one!!

• Like 2

The more i look at the colas 70s the more i think that the solebar would look good in black rather than orange/yellow

Ive been looking through my class 70 manual in preperation for next weeks training course, quite a lot to take in , probably make more sense once i actually get on one!!

Bring a fire extinguisher!

• RMweb Premium

When you get the chance, make sure you do some of this!-

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

bought myself a "new" camera yesterday from cash converters, a fujifilm HS28 EXR, 16MP with 30 x manual optical zoom for the princely sum of £80, the last camera had more than paid for itself as i'd had a number of photographs printed in railway mag, traction, rail express so i'd been on the lookout for something new and this came up at just the right price, again something i could simply throw into my bag that if it got damaged it would be no huge loss, it seems to be a lot quicker camera than the old fujifilm and it most definatly has a lot more functions, none of which i've figured out yet!!

tried it out last night with a couple of shots in bescot while i was waiting for my loco to be fuelled, there were taken freehand (no tripod) and i'm quite pleased with the results 

DSCF6163.jpg

DSCF6166.jpg

DSCF6167.jpg

im particularly pleased with the last one, its clarity on the front of the loco on the original picture is brilliant (the image is obviously compressed for uploading)

i then took a shot in toton when i finally arrived there this morning at 05:45, not the best of shots but for a non composed point and shoot picture its not too bad, i may take my tripod and try and get some shots in humberstone rd one night this week, i certainly will when i get a 70 on it!!

DSCF6170.jpg

• Like 15

yeah no probs, its already my ipad wallpaper!!

pm me your email and i'll send you the full res version

Cheers Jim and pm sent

edit to add:

yes I agree with lifeboatman about jims rail pic site- great idea.

Edited by yorkie_pudd
  • Like 2

Leicester looks good in that shot, as you can't see it.  

yes nowt is safe these days blink and someone steals it, grapevine says a third has been found in a scrap yard, a second 1/3 in cash converters, the rest being held for ransome :jester:

cheers Jim for the pics sent, the up line shot very atmospheric.