Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Gold

Thinking about time on the railway it's 19yrs 2nd time around for me I was a storeman for Intercity westcoast at Preston and Carlisle and then New St in the mid 90's. And after a gap I held various roles such as dispatcher at New St then a guard at 2D Coventry and finally at the pointy end for the lat 8yrs also at 2D. 

Rugd 1022 as was at 2A did you know a Darrell Smith who was also at 2A he's now with us at Coventry part time and does also work part time for West Coast Railways. 

Cheers 

Colin 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, big jim said:

Only one from last night coz there was nothing worth photographing!

66738 at landor st 

3FDFEFC5-E177-46D2-8DB8-815B197E04BF.jpe

one more night of it then a nice little possession turn Saturday and 4 days off again, next week looks to be a weedsprayer on Thursday then a couple of days of hereford to dee marsh 

You seem to have forgotten the almost inevitable "can you just)😀

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Tankerman said:

You seem to have forgotten the almost inevitable "can you just)😀

There is a carlisle job early hours of Monday morning that I might do, pays for the diesel up to the caravan! 

• Like 8
  • Funny 1

On 10/08/2023 at 17:35, CovDriver said:

Thinking about time on the railway it's 19yrs 2nd time around for me I was a storeman for Intercity westcoast at Preston and Carlisle and then New St in the mid 90's. And after a gap I held various roles such as dispatcher at New St then a guard at 2D Coventry and finally at the pointy end for the lat 8yrs also at 2D. 

Rugd 1022 as was at 2A did you know a Darrell Smith who was also at 2A he's now with us at Coventry part time and does also work part time for West Coast Railways. 

Cheers 

Colin 

Yes I know Darrell, we started together on the same day, on the YTS course at Rugby on Monday 6th September 1982!

• Like 1

You do get about a bit don't you Jim!

I've got a 'round the houses job' later tonight, pass to Crewe, work 6Z39 to Bedford via Stafford, Bushbury, Darlaston, Walsall, Sutton Park, Water Orton, Nuneaton, Leicester, Syston, Oakham, Corby and Kettering, later in the week it's Banbury, Small Heath and Luton Crescent Road... it's all go 😉

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Rugd1022 said:

You do get about a bit don't you Jim!

I've got a 'round the houses job' later tonight, pass to Crewe, work 6Z39 to Bedford via Stafford, Bushbury, Darlaston, Walsall, Sutton Park, Water Orton, Nuneaton, Leicester, Syston, Oakham, Corby and Kettering, later in the week it's Banbury, Small Heath and Luton Crescent Road... it's all go 😉

that’s a long way round, sometimes it feels soul destroying when you get send via the west mids from Stafford! 

3 hours ago, 45156 said:

-----Can you just.....

as soon as I got to the caravan I got an email ‘could I do a Gloucester to bescot via Worcester and Kidderminster’ this afternoon, I don’t sign Gloucester but could have done it from abbotswood jn, given the weather here today in silloth I’d have been better off staying home and doing that as it’s been miserable! 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, big jim said:

way ahead of you!

That was quick - enjoy the rest of your day,  Mind you it's not far to walk

Edited by 45156

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, big jim said:

And the pics from today

66797 up front 

D4329AFD-A0F1-4127-80F5-9740624014E4.jpe

Into Dee marsh and backed in, a long train today, 25 wagons but mostly BRA type so a good 50ft longer than usual as I found out in the headshunt when I had to drive through the bushes at the top end to clear the points behind it!

F5A70435-7B60-4558-B689-FC78A429D909.jpe

Picked up the fresh traffic to head south, while I was doing that the internal shunter came along with another rake of wagons, first time I’ve managed to photograph it

1F4290C1-B8A6-49A2-9E8B-138A307CE44C.jpe

It’s called ‘Gavlar’

D8602D44-25AE-4806-8AF3-B483BCED0E84.jpe

Shorter train back, just 12 wagons so flew along!

7030F9A4-D6E7-432D-9A5C-651F01A4ACD5.jpe

Passenger train passing by

F26983DC-BAA8-4DEE-90BE-74A53193E245.jpe

And into hereford 

4D22C0CB-B93F-4DA9-852E-0609F7F6BB7C.jpe

Same tomorrow then a varied week, possession Sunday, scrap train Monday, road learning loco Tuesday, class 69 test/moves on Friday then the toton tripper on Saturday 

And as for what I bought……

2ABF5D2F-0450-40A5-958A-62A02B4A2686.jpeg.ae37cdc3849378365118b47bed5697b9.jpeg

Lovely loco, I was fortunate to see it once as we were driving up the A1. I think it was the Tuxford branch with Kestrel on the way the Power station.

The model looks great. 

Jamie

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Lovely loco, I was fortunate to see it once as we were driving up the A1. I think it was the Tuxford branch with Kestrel on the way the Power station.

The model looks great. 

Jamie

I was fortunate to see it a few times at Newcastle Central when it ran some East Coast workings.  Obviously I had to have one too.  No chance of justification, it will just creep out ‘unnoticed’ from time to time!

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1