TRAINWEST 2014 - 12 & 13 April

Geoff Endacott

• RMweb Gold

It would be awfully useful if he would..... We're rather short staffed.....

Laurie Griffin and I were lucky enough to be allowed a go with the lorries at the Shepton narrow gauge show last year - great fun. I will be playing with my own trainset at the other end of the hall, with Laurie's assistance, but hopefully will get a chance to get away to have another go. .

In my view End of the line is one of the best layouts around at the moment - a very simple design, beautifully executed and yet offering great operating potential for the entertainment of both exhibitor and spectator - a classic.

Jerry

MRD are showing they will be at Trainwest on their web site http://www.emardee.org.uk/epages/BT4589.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT4589/Categories/CustomerInformation.but can't see them listed on the floor plan?

That's interesting. They were invited - several times. On the basis that they haven't replied to any of my emails, haven't returned a booking form and haven't paid, I assumed that they weren't coming. That's why they are not on the floor plan and are not in the guide.

I suppose that we might have a space somewhere if they turn up on the day, but it will not be in the hall. I have never had anyone attempting to trade from a van in the car park before.

Geoff Endacott

• RMweb Premium

Laurie Griffin and I were lucky enough to be allowed a go with the lorries at the Shepton narrow gauge show last year - great fun. I will be playing with my own trainset at the other end of the hall, with Laurie's assistance, but hopefully will get a chance to get away to have another go. .  Jerry

Just don't try and re-enact scenes from The Hell Drivers... 

for anyone who's never seen it

I have long thought that the unused space in the Bowls Hall at Christie Miller, part of which is used for refreshments, would make an ideal venue for a feature layout.

I have at last managed to secure use of the space and can announce that an extra layout will be added to this year's show.

Stand 61 will be: Leamington Spa (O) by Pete Waterman.

The layout has never been seen at an exhibition and I only managed to confirm details of its appearance at Trainwest today.

The news has already led to a rush for ticket applications. Insurance requiments mean that we have to be limited to 10,000 advance tickets. Once those have been sold, any further tickets will be restricted to the main hall only.

Special Leamington Spa only tickets are also being sold for the bargain price of £3.50 each including postage. These are available online at http://www.gascupboard.co.uk/trainwest-melksham-2014---child-ticket---including-postage-17904-p.asp . The special ticket line will close at noon today.

Book now to avoid disappointment.

Geoff Endacott

Hello

Last show for Georgemas Jct in DC mode as it will be converted to DCC in the summer. Shame it couldn't be done in time for this show but time got in the way. I just hope the pension pot holds out. See you next weekend.

Cheers

George

It might be worth mentioning that these days Melksham does now have a relatively decent train service from Swindon & Westbury even on the Sunday.

And there will be a shuttle minibus from the station to the hall to save the lengthy walk across town

And there will be a shuttle minibus from the station to the hall to save the lengthy walk across town

Don't tell anyone that!!!

Otherwise it'll mean I have to do some work :-) :-)

Regards

Neal

I hope you are all still coming because I am about to write a cheque for £1,100. That's what we are paying (in advance) for the exhibitors' lunches. It's Cajun chicken on Saturday and beef casserole on Sunday.

The cheesecakes are costing us extra.

Geoff Endacott

Hi Geoff.

I will be coming up from Cornwall by motorcycle, is there any motorcycle parking near the hall? Or is it just a case of finding a space in the car park.

A few years ago I called in to Trainwest on a trip up country by car and seem to remember parking in the road outside the hall, never did find the carpark.

bubbles2.

Archived