"Anything You Can do, I Can Do Better ! Robinson and Downes.

Enough sax, sex and rock 'n' roll, back to modelling !

Replacement station underway, about a days work  so far but I'm fast fading in the Grimsby heat !

And where did the last one go ? the last time I saw it, it was haring up the M 180 in the back of Justin Noble's Ford Mondeo and heading for Leicester !

Cheers.

Allan

attachicon.gifNEW STATION UNDERWAY 001.JPGattachicon.gifNEW STATION UNDERWAY 002.JPGattachicon.gifNEW STATION UNDERWAY 003.JPGattachicon.gifNEW STATION UNDERWAY 004.JPG

The new station's looking fantastic as always Allan! The other one survived the journey down the M1 and is now safely awaiting its outing to the GCR model event on the 20th of this month, where it will hopefully be admired and indeed find a new home all being well :)

Justin

Another hands up for a once-long-haired guitarist :)

Hope you're enjoying the cycling Justin - apart from the showers, it was a good day for it yesterday.

My long hair is long gone now and my daughter doesn't really believe that I ever had hair half way down my back in my student days during the 90's... Unfortunately corporate life got in the way for a couple of years and my hair had to conform to certain standards! But it's making its way back a bit now!

The cycling is going well Freebs. Taking it steady, especially with what the Mrs has had to deal with... mostly doing the weekly shop on the bikes instead of using the car. But we'll build up from there. My Dad & my sister are doing the London-Surrey 100 in august! Bonkers!

Can't say I've ever heard of Earl Bostic... better go see what all the fuss is about :

Justin 

• Like 1

My long hair is long gone now and my daughter doesn't really believe that I ever had hair half way down my back in my student days during the 90's... Unfortunately corporate life got in the way for a couple of years and my hair had to conform to certain standards! But it's making its way back a bit now!

The cycling is going well Freebs. Taking it steady, especially with what the Mrs has had to deal with... mostly doing the weekly shop on the bikes instead of using the car. But we'll build up from there. My Dad & my sister are doing the London-Surrey 100 in august! Bonkers!

Can't say I've ever heard of Earl Bostic... better go see what all the fuss is about :

Justin 

Sounds like me - my hair was touching my belt at the back by the time I'd graduated in '96, but after the arrival of my daughter, I decided to get it cut. Cycling for me has taken a back seat after I came off at speed and bashed a couple of ribs - still very sore (x ray says no breaks, but doesn't stop it being painful 4 weeks later) :(

Hi Freebs,

didn't now you were a cyclist, me too, most of my life, was in the st Helens CRC in 80s and 90s period, Pro cycling is the order of the day for me in terms of TV viewing, my son is Cycle racing too, rides for St Helens CRC.

I am now just cycle training and enjoying it imensly, just did the Roman road challenge, 80 miles and 5,000 ft of climbing, wonderful lol.

I usually go out early evening Tuesdays, Thursdays clocking between 30 40 miles with a long one at weekends, were doing the Manchester 100 and the Polochino in August.

Are you racing?

Peter

I'm more a keen amateur who wishes he could get a better bike and do more. My life only permits me so much time on my own, so unless I want to get up at the crack of dawn on a weekend, which I DO NOT, believe me, I'm restricted to the 40mile round trip commute to work. I had worked back up to doing it three times a week until I came off.

Which leaves me just short of three weeks to get back used to riding again, as we're doing the "Tour de Yorkshire" charity ride as a team event (only 30 miles to do there then!)

Iain Robinson used to race too. 

Very nice!

I was just about to ask if a building such as this should have handles or knobs on the double doors, and if each door should have one. Thanks Allan!

Regards,

Stefan

My long hair is long gone now and my daughter doesn't really believe that I ever had hair half way down my back in my student days during the 90's...

Justin 

I know exactly what you mean Justin, though with my student days being somewhat earlier than yours, 60's/early 70's, my girls find it hard to believe I ever had hair at all...........

Glad to see from your newsletters that the Missus is doing well and I'm sure the rest of the good people on here will join me in wishing her the very best for the future....

Must admit I'm more of a B.B. King - John Lee Hooker fan myself so I'd never heard of Earl Bostic either! Didn't he used to hang with a guy called Arrol Dyte? Ah gimme a shot of Dem Ole Colron Blues!

Regards

Bill

Very nice!

I was just about to ask if a building such as this should have handles or knobs on the double doors, and if each door should have one. Thanks Allan!

Regards,

Stefan

Well if not, at least dress making pins !

Cheers.

Allan.

• Like 1

Me, in the Modeller, is John Brewer on steroids or what!!

He swore my name would never darken the pages of the RM ever again - well not after Sydney died anyway...

Well all I can say is that they must be really hard up for material to run with me again.

Wait till Robinson sees it !!

Cheers.

Allan

He swore my name would never darken the pages of the RM ever again - well not after Sydney died anyway...

Well all I can say is that they must be really hard up for material to run with me again.

Cheers.

Allan

The words Justice At Last spring readily to mind but I would not stoop to such pettiness.............................

HAR HAR! LOOK OUT WORLD! THE BOSS IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oops! Tee Hee..........

Regards

Bill :angel:

An Hour?????

Good Grief! It took me 3 days to tile my Goods Shed!

hehe - nice work Allan. Nothing beats an individually tiled roof.

Ah Freebs, but was that three days, or OVER three days ?

It used to take me about 4 months to built an average 16ft branchline while others would take sometimes years but if calculated - the actual hours, not weeks, months or years - spent would have been about the same.

Cheers.

Allan.

Perhaps there's not so much justice, your name doesn't appear, it's a new article, but the technique is yours, either reborn or reinvented.

Personally, I think the Modeller is the poorer for you absence - I always enjoyed "In Search of Realism" and learned a great deal..

Cheers.

Allan

BARGEBOARDS.

This involes billions of holes and for this I first used a Draper Hole Punch through 40thou styrene and here's the results .

post-18579-0-04677200-1402669942_thumb.jpg

So, I taped three strips of the 40thou styrene together than drilled out the holes as I should have done in the first place !

post-18579-0-52779600-1402669955_thumb.jpg

Then cut each strip in half lengthways and ended up with six strips as shown.

post-18579-0-81906200-1402669963_thumb.jpg

And here's one complete, painted and stuck to the building.

post-18579-0-74551300-1402669972_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-01073500-1402669987_thumb.jpg

Cheers.

Allan

• Like 9

All this talk of music I still can't get this out of my head:

I just hate it when things go wrong as in that well known Abba song Super glue-per.

There is always the Brian Ferry song 'Let's Stick Together'

Or when soldering goes wrong: 'Both ends burning' by the same artist.

(Sorry I have the platinum collection in front of me at the moment and have been listening to it whilst trawling through new content in five email addresses!)

Will get my hat and coat.................................

• Like 1

As long as there isn't a Heartache in your Dream Home...

(Bryan Ferry/Roxy Music have been one of my favourite bands since I was a nipper.  Dad had a very good and very eclectic record collection so thankfully I have no skeletons in the music closet!)

• Like 1