"Anything You Can do, I Can Do Better ! Robinson and Downes.

Freebs to the rescue it seems. I was getting worried that with Iain lost somewhere in the North Sea, and Allan off on holiday nothing would get built.

Not that I'm going to be much help. Once the smaller soldering iron bit arrives I'm going to be building a guitar Fuzz Box pedal.

Hi Alan,

For when you get back, back tracking to 9th June in response to other musicians and modellers, I finally found the Photograph of Dave Cutler sat behind my stand at an exhibition with a LNWR 4mm shed in view. 

As mentioned in the earlier post, Dave drummed for Georgie Fame, sat in for Jet Harris ex Shadows and finished up session drummer on the QE2, were he back many of the stars.

I have a photo of that somewhere, I will dig out.

Peter 

post-1241-0-43892200-1403732157_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gravy Train
  • Like 3

We're back ( a day earlier, wife has a christening to attend ) and the chaos as expected wasn't as chaotic as feared - but that cathedral was a masterpiece which just goes to show what you can do in my absence !!!!

Nice to be back guys, more on Tetbury shed as and when.

Cheers.

Allan

Peter, wasn't Harris a bass guitarist and not a drummer ?

Cheers.

Allan.

Hi Alan,

yes Jet a bassist and the first to use an electric bass in this country as according to form, but Dave drummed for him at some gig somewhere and Dave didn't know until he turned up lol :-)

Peter

Hi Peter, a tale about Harris.

Quite a few years back now,I went into a large music store in Grimsby looking for a Nobels pedal board but they only had one in stock and that Jet Harris wanted to buy it for a comeback gig but couldn't afford it so had the shop lay it by until he could.

I then offered to buy it for him - via the manager, and never actually met Harris himself -but the comeback gig only sold 15 tickets, Harris cancelled it, never bought the Peddle Board and I ended up with it instead and am looking at it now as I type this in.

Apart from Bruce Welch's signature and a set of Hank Marvin's spare strings, that's my only claim to muso fame as my guitar playing certainly wasn't going to nor was my image! - inspite of having the all esential ingredients - six pack, killer quiff, hinged hip and curled lip!

Cheers.

Allan.

• Like 3

Unfortunately this tale is all too common. I've worked with some fantastic musicians over the years and whilst this story relates to Jet and a particular comeback gig many musicians struggle to make a living, promote gigs etc and things at the moment are as hard as they have ever been especially in more rural areas.

I'm always grateful that via teaching, playing and other bits and pieces I've made a living out of music for around 29 years as has my wife.

Hope you had a good holiday, it's been quiet without you and no one misbehaved on the thread!!!

• Like 1

So, back to TETBURY GOODS SHED - THE CANOPY AND LOADING BAY ELEVATION.

For a branch line this shed was massive by any ones standards and in 7mm it's even bigger !!

The canopy is made from 40thou styrene, 60thoux60thou strip ( for the roof batons ) and a selection of styrene strip and quarter round that provides for the molded surround above the valance.

At this stage it's just temporarily  pinned to the building wall just to see how it fits - very tight indeed with almost zero tolerance  between piers. A real pain...

Cheers.

Allan

post-18579-0-94156900-1403964084_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-50208400-1403964095_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-91547000-1403964116_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-24826500-1403964157_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-24239900-1403964175_thumb.jpg

• Like 10