GWR Steam Railmotor # 93

RedgateModels

• RMweb Gold

I'm not the best person to answer that, but am aware of a rumour - it really isn't more than that - that a particularly entrepreneurial shop in the far SW may have been looking closely at the railmotor while it was in their county. Adding 2 and 2 suggests there is a chance of an RTR version some time in the future.

Of course, if there is a kit, and you start building it, then the rumour above will undoubtedly turn out to be true!

• RMweb Gold

Blacksmith models have been promising one for a couple of years now, it was supposed to be released to coincide with the real thing being in steam at Didcot. I'm not sure what happened, I think they had some test etches on display at Telford a couple of years ago.

• 3 months later...

Hmmm. An interesting idea. This appears to be a feasible project in mass-produced RTR if there is demand for up to a 1,000 pieces. We produced an On30 steam railmotor modelled on the Australian Coffee Pot, which is sold out apart from a few with Paul Martin at NG Trains.  Motorising would not be difficult and valve gear is not too demanding as the Coffee Pot showed. The big question is how many could be sold and what price would the market stand?

post-13142-0-42000300-1376652919.jpg

post-13142-0-08391400-1376652931.jpg

post-13142-0-57240600-1376652939.jpg

• 3 months later...

I have just been sent one of Scorpio's GWR motor bogies to build, for a client. Looks ok but I will no more shortly when I get to build it. I if goes ok then I might build a batch up for those people who are interested.  

• 1 year later...

Archived