Werrington Road ( Patrick Steel Works )

mason

Hi all.

Following the sale of Millwood in September 2012 i have been milling around trying to decide what to do.

With my good friend Cav (RBE) and Andy P going across to N gauge and Cav selling Outon Road i felt a little lost for direction.

So i thought i would join them in the decent into N gauge with the best of them.

This was ideal as i dont have that much room and i craved to run longer trains as i have always built small 00 shunting layouts in the past.

The plans are still evolving and i have a fair idea of what i want to achieve in my head.

After looking through a few thousand pictures of various layouts i came across a layout called Mosseley terrace on the old RM forum.

I loved the concept of just a double track with terraced houses above it. Simple and neat.

This got me thinking about i could do that in N gauge and within reason not copy the owners work.

I have decided to do a double track roundy with a crossover each end before the front curves and have a few terraced houses on a raised wall area along side then lots of embankments around the curve with the opposite curves having a bridge over.

The drawings once i upload them will give you more clarification of were i am going with this.

But i wanted to get the ball rolling on here.

The stock will be modern image but my plan is to not tie myself to a year by making the scenics fit for any era.

I want to concentrate on the scenics hence the decision to keep the track work to a simple plan and trains can roll on by.

Cheers for now

Neil

Thank you for the comments and encouragement. I hope I can take what I've learned from what I did on millwood and transfer that into N gauge. I wish I could have seen johns layout in the flesh.

I've attached a couple of sketches to show were I'm kinda going with this idea.

post-6696-0-62489900-1367524478_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-47285400-1367524545_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Hi Hugh

Thank you very much. Have you got anything on the burner at the moment? I think the last I spoke to you was at pontefract while I was with Cav.

Hi Neil, great to see you are back on track and I like many people on here I am looking forward to this NEW DIRECTION for you.

N is great fun and I do enjoy going into my little room now and just setting a long slow freight going and then getting on with other jobs, just looking up now and again to see it trundle past, all great fun.

I will be keeping an eye on this new venture mate..

Good luck and lets get some build pics coming.

Andy. :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum:

Haha cheers Andy, I'm looking forward to it as We'll, it's nice to get back into it again after a short break.

I'm still playing with the track plan at the moment but the concept will be near enough the same.

If only I could build as quick as you haha

Your like a layout production line

Cheers mike that's excellent I will give it a read through.

I've been sorting my work room and bench out over the past few weeks.

This was originally my girlfriends brothers room were he built all kinds of electrical pokery,but now he has gone to uni I've been given permission to use it as my train room on the condition that a wardrobe for Lacey's clothes can go in there too.

Top deal in my eyes haha.

Added a pic of my boy Charlie watching trains go by on a temporary track plan

post-6696-0-56194400-1367589971_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-72209600-1367589891_thumb.jpg

Thanks arnie, so am I.

Iv been playing around with the track plan a little today and Iv taken the straightness out of it on one side. The reasons why will become more apparent as the boards progress to give the layout a better viewing dimension.

Ill do a couple of drawings tomorrow with a few details on it.

Cheers

Hi Neil, yes come on old some lets have some drawings so we can pull it ti pieces, hahhahhaa

We will leave that to Cav, and this time if he changes it, then go with, he knows best. hahhaaaaa 

Andy

Haha ok andy here are some pics to pull to pieces.

On its temp workbench until my boards appear ( or until I get the money out my account )

Iv changed a few bits and pieces, but all will be revealed with my paper n pencil drawings.

The siding to the right will be a bay platform that will also come round to the main line with a goods loop to the left and a small siding that will be a stabling/wagon siding for bits n bobs.

I'm going to go for around the blue era and have some nice greenery on the scenics throughout.

I will post a drawing up over the weekend to show the scenics but I intend on using the bends on the left with 2 road bridges to separate the station and the fiddle entrance.

Then a tunnel at the opposite end.

Nice and simple and easy on the eye.

post-6696-0-05937200-1368207575_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-54178700-1368207629_thumb.jpgpost-6696-0-97447600-1368207692_thumb.jpg

Sorry if the pics are the wrong way round, Iv not mastered getting them off my phone yet.

Comments welcome as always

Cheers

So your up and running again then bud? - excellent.

Good to see you have a helper! - TTTE on the roster?

Cant say I warm to N Gauge partly because I can't see it........

Garage project coming on slowly when I can be ar$ed :)

Ian

Cheers Ian

Yeah I'm slowly getting to grips with N, big learning curve from my usual OO shunting planks.

I kinda miss that haha

Look forward to seeing some new stuff from you soon too

Cheers

This will be a good one i see Neil.

Good luck with it and enjoy. N was fun for me when I did a few dabbles. Always nice to see a full length train on the move especially in a small area. Farish/Dapol making some good releases between them soon.

Jack.

Thanks jack, hopefully it comes out well.

Here is my 1st draft draw up of the plan in my head.

As you can see there are a few blanks in the scenery so I am open to suggestions.

But the track plan is set

.post-6696-0-27039800-1368287716_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Hi all

Just a brief mock up of the retaining wall that the houses will be sited on

Only card board mocks at moment but gives me an idea of length etc

post-6696-0-55575900-1368476518_thumb.jpgpost-6696-0-39790300-1368476569_thumb.jpgpost-6696-0-87123600-1368476604_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Archived