Werrington Road ( Patrick Steel Works )

mason

It was model rail. Looked pretty cool. The locos were a bit clean for me though. As a ex worker in the steel industry I assure you that there is very little that is not covered in crap on a steelworks. I think that without the sounds though the layout would lose the atmosphere Andy, is that not the case? I hope my station announcer plans wont be an annoyance!!

Cav

It was model rail. Looked pretty cool. The locos were a bit clean for me though. As a ex worker in the steel industry I assure you that there is very little that is not covered in crap on a steelworks. I think that without the sounds though the layout would lose the atmosphere Andy, is that not the case? I hope my station announcer plans wont be an annoyance!!

Cav

Hi Cav the Station announcer and DCC Loco sound is one thing but the constant BANG, BANG BANG and WAILING SIRENS etc was a but too much especially at the volume it was set at.

Bodgit

Hmm I'm liking the ideas guys, I think it would be annoying after a while, I think an arc welder light inside is cool and I'm firmly going to go with the working door and warning light is a definite.

And sound locos are too of my list

How about an American Shunter with the flashing light on the roof?

So to some up you have; :scared:

Working squeaking doors,

Bang  Bang Banging,

Sirens wailing,

Smoke,

Arc Welding,

Locos Running,

Flange Squeal,

Diesel Horn,

Wagon buffers banging and clanging

Men shouting,

:no: :nono: :O :no: :nono: :O

WHAT'S NEXT FOR HEAVENS SAKE? :O

Remind me not to have a layout next to you at a show, hahhaaaaaa :scratchhead:

Andy :sungum:

I think that was in Railway Modeller - really nicely done too. &mm if I recall correctly but would downsize. He even had, I think, a couple of arc welder modules in the building so it looked as if there was work going on inside.

Express Models - they are excellent

Ian

Cav

:)

How about an American Shunter with the flashing light on the roof?

So to some up you have; :scared:

Working squeaking doors,

Bang  Bang Banging,

Sirens wailing,

Smoke,

Arc Welding,

Locos Running,

Flange Squeal,

Diesel Horn,

Wagon buffers banging and clanging

Men shouting,

:no: :nono: :O :no: :nono: :O

WHAT'S NEXT FOR HEAVENS SAKE? :O

Remind me not to have a layout next to you at a show, hahhaaaaaa :scratchhead:

Andy :sungum:

Haha I'm not going as far as that mate, few soundys and a few lights haha not that annoying

Yes it was 7 mm and I walked past it a couple of times at Stafford and Wigan and it DROVE ME MAD, I would hate to be exhibiting next to it at a show as he had the volume so loud it was unbareable, next to him at Wigan was Cliffhanger and that had a tape playing with screaching kids and seagulls playing all day too. No wonder we left the show after just an hour. Some exhibitors have now sense of just how annoying their layouts can be.

Bodgit

post-7252-0-71631100-1373138556.jpg

:)

Hi all

Well it's been a big week were werrington road is concerned as its manifested itself into a 00 layout.

Why?? I hear you shout, well it's been a difficult 8 mths for me on a personal level and since I sold on millwood I list direction and motivation, this coupled with outside issues.

The N gauge direction was really a leap in the dark And one I was never confident with.

So Iv gone back to basics and what I know best in 00 and go micro again but using the same board as Iv built for N.

With a few tweaks it will become 00.

My N stock is now on the classifieds and this will fund some 00 stuff.

I will update more again soon as there will be some new arrivals and a familiar face from outon road

Cheers

Neil

Direction and motivation Neil - I know where you are coming from  binned more ideas mentally and physically in the last 12 months than I can remember -  starting threads that seem a good project only with the enthusiasm waning within a few days eventually being consigned to history - a Crisis of sorts...

Current stock: One EWS 37 (with a bodyshell at Peakdaleworks for a spray - I have since had a rethink on that one) in bits waiting a sound chip and rewire after lowering - One TTA One OBA 2 Rudd and a LOADHAUL Shark which is my lads - thats it!

Things in the pipeline to be revealed but I have been here before.......

Ian

No garden railways haha you guys are making it hard for me to keep going and not change plans :)

Anyway back to what I was doing.

I have had a box of goodies from unit models and decided to start the front scenic section by adding a small culvert to the old N gauge road bridge area.

Still to be painted and grassed etc but its coming on slowlypost-6696-0-40479500-1373714411_thumb.jpgpost-6696-0-49337400-1373714434_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Just to be a bit of a devils advocate here. Where does the water coming through the culvert come from and where does it route. The culvert looks higher than the trackbed behind to me.

Cav

Looking good. A culvert is always nice. The one on Outon always drew interest.

Cav

Dam rumbled for we're the idea came from haha

Tbh mate I had forgot about were its coming from, I was kind of hoping I'd get away with it as just a small scenic feature.

The front bit will just end in front of it.

I didn't bed it into the board as it has a slight step on the front.

I was hoping I could create the illusion of the water bed being lower than the banking, not sure it's pulled that off

Yes many an inspiration a good feature on Outon.it sits in well Neil.always looked at them when Unit were trading at exhibitions.

Ian

Cheers Ian

You know as well as many that myself and cav are good friends and outon has been a huge inspiration to all my modelling especially the times Iv operated it and seen it grow.

Tbh if I had had the funds it would be sat in my extension right now :)

Yes - he can knock a good layout up can't he  :agree:

As regards the culvert there is an embankment on the WCML with a culvert and a cattle creep next to each other near us (Garstang) which look familiar to yours,

Positioning looks OK - so ignore him :)

Ian

:nono:  Stop teaching him bad habits, its not good practice.

In all seriousness is wasn't easy to see where Outons came from but it did come from somewhere if you looked. Even if it had simply come from underground instead it was still positioned below ground level to allow the flow. The one Mason has put in looks 'to me' like it is above his low level yard at the back and as such the water coming out of it would have to either start off above ground level at the back or flow uphill! As a get around maybe you could make the culvert you have modelled into the end the water flows into! You don't see that often modelled!!

Cav

Archived