Werrington Road ( Patrick Steel Works )

mason

Cheers Richard hopefully get the point sorted this week and some trains running and then I can do the ballast and weathering.

Ill use the same method I did with millwood as that came out pretty goid

Well not a great day in the workshop today, I had a go at fitting the rear and side panels only to find that it looked terrible at the rear board and really didn't come out well.

I decided to re add the curved piece that I'd luckily saved and make the back edge straight again, this has given me another headache of what to do with the added space of about 2ft by 3" I may just use it as a overgrown waste land with some old buildings that used to be part of the steel works but I'm really not sure yet.

This also caused the fiddle yards grief and I had to realign them too.

Hard work believe me, but I think it's nearly there and hopefully I can get some wires in and trains running by the end of the week.

I will pop some pics up tomorrow, but it's time for a glass of wine now.

Bute Road needs them, :O  :O  I have had one of my 27's re blown by Legomanbiffo and it really is the dogs do dahs, :nono:  I was showing it off at the weekend and it really is so good, :O  originally it was a Coastal DCC one and it was not for me,

Andy

Excellent, hopefully ill get a chance to hear that then, I think I'm going to have to save hard to get some sound on here.

Iv still got to get the point motor situation sorted yet.

Excellent, hopefully ill get a chance to hear that then, I think I'm going to have to save hard to get some sound on here.

Iv still got to get the point motor situation sorted yet.

Enjoying watching this progress Neil, I have found its good to have a smaller fleet of engines with sound rather than having a BR sized fleet that me and my brother had years ago. Feels a bit more special and more time can be put into detailing.

John

Hi John

I totally agree, I can't take credit for the stock on this one as there all from cavs outon road.

I think a max 5 locos for this one.

Hopefully cav still has his lovely 31 left

Hi John

I totally agree, I can't take credit for the stock on this one as there all from cavs outon road.

I think a max 5 locos for this one.

Hopefully cav still has his lovely 31 left

Layout like this one is good for Wagon modelling and the kit bashing that comes with that !

John

Neil, looking very good mate. Convinces me even more big layouts aren't always neccessery to achieve an outcome.

I can see (and everyone else can) its going to be another cracker of a layout.

Good luck with the kits and cant wait to see further updates .

Jack

Hi jack, thanks for the kind comments, I think I'm getting a name for my self as a small industrial layout builder haha

Just a little update.

All the track is wired and running except the point which needs to be motorised and wired fully.

On the buildings front Iv decided to go with some huge steel works buildings at the back of the rail fed building to give it a larger complex feel, I have kind if taken inspiration from the Wales and rain layout of Marc smiths and the round steel works layout that I can't even think if the name of.

Alot of work to go into this with some cool lighting and an arc welder light I think too.

A few update picspost-6696-0-55673700-1376132309_thumb.jpgpost-6696-0-19391100-1376132354_thumb.jpgpost-6696-0-65889500-1376132384_thumb.jpgpost-6696-0-28094400-1376132412_thumb.jpgpost-6696-0-43388300-1376132453_thumb.jpg

Certainly taking shape mate. Capturing the scene really well. Ive still got the 31 put aside if you want it mate.

Cav

Thanks mate, I think the full on steel works with pipes n girders n cranes on the outsides will be a great contrast with the greenery of the embankments.

I really want the 31 mate, need to save my pocket money first haha

Hi Neil, I have taken 3 steps back as we have now sold the House and should mover in a few weeks. Then there is a lot to do re building the Garage so I will be checking in here for inspiration every day mate.

Please keep the pics coming,

well done.

Andy

Coming along well there Neil!

You're putting me to shame - I've not even started my new layout yet!

Hi mate, it's taking me some time too but it's coming together slowly. I keep looking out for your new thread.

Hi Neil, I have taken 3 steps back as we have now sold the House and should mover in a few weeks. Then there is a lot to do re building the Garage so I will be checking in here for inspiration every day mate.

Please keep the pics coming,

well done.

Andy

That's great news Andy, were are you moving too and will it mean bigger and more layouts??

Hope the move goes well mate and ill try and give some inspiration haha

That's great news Andy, were are you moving too and will it mean bigger and more layouts??

Hope the move goes well mate and ill try and give some inspiration haha

Hi Neil, only about a Mile away but a nice little bungalow with a garden for the dog, or maybe LIVE STEAM :nono:

a garage for the layout and a shed for the workshop / spraying / detailing / Exhibition Layout Building / Snooker room / Sauna / Bowling Ally? :nono: :nono: :nono: etc.

post-9335-0-35105200-1376161652.jpg

Andy

Little update.

I have started on the building paintwork, I'm not to happy though as it looks really dark so I think ill change it to a blue instead.

Also Iv mapped out how the rear of the building will look and were the crane will be too.

On the greenery front I have done the right hand embankment with a small path through the middle and a few bushespost-6696-0-53307800-1376227723_thumb.jpgpost-6696-0-13052900-1376227749_thumb.jpgpost-6696-0-10331200-1376227788_thumb.jpgpost-6696-0-35785200-1376227821_thumb.jpgpost-6696-0-26900100-1376227861_thumb.jpgpost-6696-0-41400700-1376227951_thumb.jpg

Lots still to do including that point motor that Iv still not brought

Cheers

Archived