The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Happy Birthday Frank Hornby

Dagworth

It would be nice if the doodlers of this Google Doodle knew what British signals looked like.

An odd looking Scotsman there. The 0-4-0T supporting the "E" is vaguely reminiscent of the "Thomas" used in the Collectors Club.

• RMweb Gold

It would be nice if the doodlers of this Google Doodle knew what British signals looked like.

Perhaps they have copied them from some layouts ...  ;)

I doubt they went for technical accuracy, to be fair, neither did Hornby in those far off days. :)

Has anyone seen today's Google home page celebrating the 150th birthday of Frank Hornby ?  Nice for all of us to be recognised.  There are some arty farty pictures of Hornby models past and present.  I particularly like the  "man running".  How many of us have had him on our layouts ?

• RMweb Gold

150 years.. That's crazy, I hadn't realised.

There is a link to a Guardian article that talks about the demise of British manufacturing and Hornby. A little odd, seeing as they have built them in China since 95?.

150 years.. That's crazy, I hadn't realised.

There is a link to a Guardian article that talks about the demise of British manufacturing and Hornby. A little odd, seeing as they have built them in China since 95?.

弗兰克·霍恩比,生日快乐

的Xerces Fobe:jester:

• RMweb Gold

Well this is one (more) marketing opportunity Hornby appear to have missed out on:  more a matter of concern than a gripe.

They didn't do a lot for GWR 175 in my opinion.

Archived