Smiths coupling hooks now added, they may be a little over scale but there larger size is repaid in ease of use.

post-7587-0-23096100-1376860059.jpg

Took a while to clear the resin out!

I have also had a stab at providing the rectangular coupling pocket as per the prototype.

I began by drilling .8mm pilot holes eith side of the resin hook, which is a neat bit of modelling.

This was then followed up with 1mm drill then 1.5mm. Then from the back a 2.5mm drill to open the hole up.

Just need to square the hooks up and add a dollop of araldite from the back.

Hi Jeremy,

I will give it a coat of Halford's grey primer.

I intend to colour it as in the close up pictures from the website I posted further up the thread and dustings of various colours will be used.

As for glue, a nice gel superglue used sparingly from inside will be method of attack.

Thanks for looking in.

Ian

How hard can it be to cut four little bits of strip?

Well this is the third go at getting all the bits fettled all this for something to just fit in the corner....

post-7587-0-79491200-1377082642_thumb.jpg

I have got a chopper but anything small just gets lost.

This will end up with the top edge near the loco side being chamfered, hopefully this will give the etched valances that bit extra to stick to.

Cut strip over length.

Angle one end

Test fit

Angle other end

Test fit

Add .25x.5mm strip underneath

Chamfer top edge

Nawww, Extreme no just trying to put stuff on thats not there. Had a few hours in darkened rooms to copy Colin Parks lead :)

Now Jeremy if you tried this on yours.....that woule be extreme!

This is extreme detailing Ian, but I like it! It will make for a superb model!

Best regards,

Jeremy

Nawww, Extreme no just trying to put stuff on thats not there. Had a few hours in darkened rooms to copy Colin Parks lead :)

Now Jeremy if you tried this on yours.....that woule be extreme!

I agree with you mate. Anything in 2mm seems to be extreme detailing. I'm still tempted to do those cab ventilation ducts though. Here's the question though, will you do another one once this one is finished?

Well......

I have got two First Caledonian sleeper

EWS Crewe Locomotive Works

The three euro locos...

A later euro rfd

Now do they all get the same level of detail? It would be nice.

What I look to try to do though is set out as in this thread what and how I did each step or stage. I think there could be room to produce a few more add on bits to speed up the detailing process.

I agree with you mate. Anything in 2mm seems to be extreme detailing. I'm still tempted to do those cab ventilation ducts though. Here's the question though, will you do another one once this one is finished?

post-7587-0-26612600-1377181917.jpg

First roof valance in place, shaped with finger pressure of a glue marker pen (approx 1cm diameter)

A slice of strip was taken off each top of the "ducting" and can happily report that the etch sits atop of it very well. The merest dab of gel super glue, position in place and job done.

Chassis footings..

post-7587-0-73057400-1377386708.jpg

I have had a few attempts at making a frame to drop in the Heljan mech, this is very much the foundation.

I intend to build boxes into this to contain liquid lead, adding much needed ballast and tractive effort.

Back to the cosmetic detailing and again a visit up north today, to me Mum's allowed me to raid one of several Ikea stores boxes for this little etch.

post-7587-0-35604800-1377463220.jpg

Hurst Models LDP102 RCH (TDM) Jumpers, I am interested in the box bit at the end of the cable.

Hi Ian,

I have just caught up with your heroic efforts on this model. All looks to be very promising. Be careful with liquid lead, it will burst your carefully constructed chassis if you mix PVA glue and lead. (Forgive me if you already know this!)

All the best,

Colin

Hi Colin,

Yep, I was aware of its eruptive nature if used with pva.

I hopefully will incase it, with ventilation. NO pva will be used :)

Thanks for the supportive words again

Ian

Hi Ian,I have just caught up with your heroic efforts on this model. All looks to be very promising. Be careful with liquid lead, it will burst your carefully constructed chassis if you mix PVA glue and lead. (Forgive me if you already know this!)All the best,Colin

Archived