I keep looking at my son's 90 that I've now got in bits, together with a Heljan 35 chassis... already partly in bits and keep thinking "hmmm, I really ought to start this so that he stops nagging me"... ho hum. Looking good Ian and confirming that this is no small job.

Jon

I thought I would see how much the Heljan block weighs.

Out with the scales and 300g

post-7587-0-62399600-1377713301.jpg

And this image shows what the same amount of liquid lead looks like.

post-7587-0-98838400-1377713366.jpg

Just got to incorporate it into the home brew Hornby plastic chassis, it would be nice to add a few more useful grams of tractive effort.

• 2 months later...

Thank you Jerry,

I am not sure the work needed to carve out the area would result in a better job.

I had thought that about cutting the area out and putting a new clean back on, but then I have to think I have a number of others to tackle.

I havent forgot about the 90 but other jobs progressed a bit sooner than I would have thought. I was tinckering with some strip just the other day.

Read your thread with interest, I have a 90 and a spare bodyshell. The PH Designs kit brings massive improvement. I have worked on a Heljan 86 lately which I should have done before Christmas and a 90 could be a big project for the New Year. Just need to choose one...!

Hi JBM go with the 90!

Read your thread with interest, I have a 90 and a spare bodyshell. The PH Designs kit brings massive improvement. I have worked on a Heljan 86 lately which I should have done before Christmas and a 90 could be a big project for the New Year. Just need to choose one...!

• 2 years later...

Archived