Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

You would get many more   .....

I was showing a part of AV that was ripped out to make way for the new Heartbeat area made from PIR. It was more about the fact 'people' having been asking me to show them trains.......as they are a rare sight on AV :angel: .....so I am attempting to give them trains in spades.......

..................   on a Shovel   .........                            ............................................                         ............................      and cook breakfast on it, in a Steamer  ......    :jester:

• Like 1

Not that we are good at driving the trains.....on occasions there are all sorts of mishaps......

med_gallery_17883_2793_32958.jpg0453

NB that old tunnel mouth is one of the reasons this area got Killed Kal never could look at it without wincing.

rolling stock......

med_gallery_17883_2793_1132912.jpg0445

a lot of this has been reused or reworked, the bridge for instance, is the same item I made up ages ago.....

although in this picture the sides were just sat on a piece of corktile...which explains the strange shadows....

med_gallery_17883_2793_1312204.jpg0444

looking at these the resin building look like a photographed background....LOL

• Like 6

The emphasis of the picture is rarely about the trains, this one was about the B.R.U.T.E.S. sent to me by David before we had ever met him in real life....and once i realised how fiddly they were...knew he was probably glad to see the back of them...LOL.....the word brute being very accurate..... :jester:

med_gallery_17883_2793_1238770.jpg0433

I added the curtains using tissue paper.

med_gallery_17883_2793_208653.jpg0388

again none of this rolling stock had received any weathering. It an much of the resin kit was removed from the packet and popped on the layout.

• Like 8

Is that Platform shelter the one from the Hogwart's Set?

Not that we are good at driving the trains.....on occasions there are all sorts of mishaps......

NB that old tunnel mouth is one of the reasons this area got Killed Kal never could look at it without wincing.

rolling stock......

a lot of this has been reused or reworked, the bridge for instance, is the same item I made up ages ago.....

although in this picture the sides were just sat on a piece of corktile...which explains the strange shadows....

med_gallery_17883_2793_1312204.jpg0444

looking at these the resin building look like a photographed background....LOL

people have also spotted that the same trains appear to be in the same place a lot of the time, this tends to be because Kal programs them from station to station, and they have a route which starts and stop in a specific spot.

med_gallery_17883_2793_1752859.jpg03870387

this area was also trashed, well removed and stored......the bridge did not survive well being dismantled

med_gallery_17883_2793_1625533.jpg0276

Goathland is stil in the distance

the wagons continue almost into the station
med_gallery_17883_2793_1170320.jpg0375
  • Like 8

Would that be Dior    ..........  maybe Yves Saint Laurent    ......................................                    ............................      :scratchhead:

camping coaches.....

med_gallery_17883_2793_205497.jpg1622

again...a bit too clean......I can't bring myself to paint them....but will probably use some powders on them eventually.....

med_gallery_17883_2793_917030.jpg1625

................    or something more  ..............................................                  ...............................         Jean Paul Gaultier  .....    :O  :O

• Like 2

Apologies for the delay in responding.

There is nothing serious behind this. However, a few events both on and off forum left me wanting to reflect on how i spend my time in general.

I have had a cold/the flu which has made me generally under the weather. and a small scare with my father, again nothing serious.Simultaneously there was a suggestion that our viewing figures may have been subjected to external interference, and as such I wanted to see how the figures clocked up without our input.

The viewing figures while not important, in themselves, do give us some limited feedback on whether I am talking about a subject that interests people - or not - and we often change from subject to subject based upon on how both views and responses change. . i.e. boring subject....move on! So for me, the suggestion that they may not be correct over the last weekend left me a little uncertain of where to go from there.As It was suggested that our viewing figures had been inflated over that weekend.

With the added distraction of the non rmweb events we decided it was best to sleep on it for a number of days, see how the land lies, and how we feel about it, and meantime monitor the situation, while allowing time for our thoughts to settle, and our non RM challenges to be sorted.

At this time,  those things are still not one hundred percent clear, but rather than leave people to worry, or for Chinese whispers to start, I am posting to let you know there  is nothing seriously wrong. But I am not intending to post too much in the next few days.

I don't want this to be a debating point. There is no need for sympathy cards or White Knights....LOL......as there are no Dragons here to slay.

Thank you for your concern. Whilst welcome, you don't need to worry.

Hi Jaz,

Sorry hear about all your issues.

Have you been able to find out anything further on the 'External Interference' you mentioned above that has apparently been increasing your viewing figures?

This greatly concerns me as it cuts right through the trust these sites are based on.

Hope it gets sorted soon.

Hi Jaz,

Sorry hear about all your issues.

Have you been able to find out anything further on the 'External Interference' you mentioned above that has apparently been increasing your viewing figures?

This greatly concerns me as it cuts right through the trust these sites are based on.

Hope it gets sorted soon.

Yes

It was about 150 or so views caused by a macro on a gaming mouse refreshing an open page in the back ground over about 8 hours.

150 views out of 200k hardly seems worth discussing in any depth, now we know what caused it.

Thank you for your concern, but as said, no Dragons here.

And though there might not seem to be many of steam locos,  even on Kalborough which is supposedly set in more recent times does occasionally have an odd steam engine pass by.

med_gallery_17883_3001_111719.jpg334

med_gallery_17883_3001_215447.jpg333

although these pictures were taken in Kalboroug's infancy, and are a bit rough and ready.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for taking the time to post all these pictures, they're great!!

My favorite is 617 in post 8898, I can feel the rumble from right ovvvvverrrrrr herrrrrre!! 

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 4