Electra Rail Graphics

TomJ

I just wanted to post to say how impressed I am with these products. I built a rake of four NSE livery mk2 coaches last year which were very easy and look superb. I wanted to order another couple but waited whilst he was temporarily shut awaiting a new supplier of vinyls.

The new vinyls are even better than before, superb detail, no bits of window inset getting stuck and are very easy to apply and position. He even sorted me out vinyls for a coach (NSE mk2c micro buffet) that wasn't in his listings. So a huge thanks to Adam at ERG for the customer service and a superb product. If you've ever fancied converting a coach then give it a go, it's so easy and now I have a rake of something a bit different you can't buy in a box.

I'm very keen to get back into constructing a Northern Belle rake now that Electra is back up and running, and I am looking forward to seeing how the new method works, does anybody have any pictures of built up carriages with the new clear window sides?

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks for the comments about the new-style vinyls. Happy to say the feedback has been great so far, particularly with the N Gauge sides that no longer have to worry about cutting out windows or excessive white edges. I can have fun adding no-smoking signs and the like, too!

Providing the base unit is relatively flush-sided, trapped air is not an issue. If you do find a unit that does have problems, let me know and I can get it redesigned to have the clear film removed in the windows.

8735491509_f1f2f4792d_z.jpg

N Gauge Class 423 4-VEP

9014338612_265e4bb46c_c.jpg

OO Gauge Class 450 Desiro

936419_10152953697575341_1953810237_n.jp

N Gauge Connex 4-CIG by Oliver Abbott

• 5 months later...

Just thought I'd add a couple of photos of my newly completed Wessex Trains Mk2's. This is my first go at N Gauge modelling, and I was really pleased with the vinyls, and the outcome.

The photos aren't great - they're taken in bad light, by a bad photographer, but I am absolutely chuffed to bits with these, and will definitely be ordering more, once I come across some cheap 2nd hand coaches again!

post-16405-0-63778700-1385685812.jpg

post-16405-0-16548600-1385685813.jpg

Unfortunately, this close up, my weathering to blend in the shiny vinyl looks a bit heavy-handed, but at a normal viewing distance (remember this is N!) they look really good. Just need to find a pink 31 now!!

post-16405-0-62687400-1385685813.jpg

post-16405-0-10607100-1385685814.jpg

David

• 2 months later...

Hi - an update of my latest Electra Product.

I've learnt a few lessons with these now - mainly to check the origin of your coach!! Brasso works wonders on some, but ruins others!

This is a Network Rail de-icer, using Electra sides, TPM HAP/EPB front end (with added headlight, light clusters and lamp-irons) a modified TPM CEP front as the inner end and it sits on N Gauge Society Bogies.

I think this looks the part, but as a bit of feedback to Electra- I reckon the few remaining bodyside windows should be clear, not plated over. Despite this I am happy with this little project.

Cheers

David

post-16405-0-28898600-1393115370.jpg

post-16405-0-83276700-1393115370.jpg

post-16405-0-37805400-1393115371.jpg

• RMweb Gold

My mistake with the GLV, I'm afraid. When transitioning from the old-pre-cut vinyls to the new material, I must have forgotten to re-draw the windows in clear.

Dave, please drop me a mail or PM off-list with your address and I will get a corrected set off to you in a week or two (as soon as I get them from the printers).

It should, of course look like this:

12716704324_137b6f3999_c.jpg

Note: The Green areas will be printed in solid white. White is clear.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the offer, but I'm actually happy with it the way it is. I would be worried that taking the current vinyls off would give me more problems than it may solve. I did weigh up contacting you earlier, and decided to press-on, so I can't complain.

I've always been pleased with all the graphics you've sent, and I'm sure I'll continue to order more in the near future.

Cheers

David

Just a quick update on my ERG projects.

I started to use Adams Royal Train vinyls when I realised that the set he had initially released was for the modern Royal Train, and as my era is from 1975-1985 they were no good for me, except for the Queens Saloon and the Duke of Edinburghs saloon, which were both converted from HST prototype coaches in 1977.

So I did a bit of research and fired an email off to Adam to see if he could, or indeed would, release them as a set for the Silver Jubilee train. I'm happy to report that he said he would and after a few emails back and forth, he has now released the 1977 Silver Jubilee pack, of which I am the proud recipient of one.

To follow my build of these I've started a thread on the NGauge Forum at http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19095.0 On this thread I've also outlined my roof conversion for one of the MK2 Couchettes which is in the Modern set of vinyls. But the exhausts will also have to be done for 2905 which is a Generator Car as well.

Regards

Neal.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the offer, but I'm actually happy with it the way it is. I would be worried that taking the current vinyls off would give me more problems than it may solve. I did weigh up contacting you earlier, and decided to press-on, so I can't complain.

I've always been pleased with all the graphics you've sent, and I'm sure I'll continue to order more in the near future.

Cheers

David

Very kind, Dave. I have ordered another set of 489s from the printers, so the offer still stands.

• 11 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Can anyone give me a rough idea of lead time for orders from Electra Rail Graphics at the moment?  Waiting on some Scottish Sleeper vinyl and a bit worried I have heard nothing in response yet.

I don't know if it's any help but he posted on his Facebook page back in January that he had a backlog of stuff caused by his wife being ill with pneumonia, and pressure from his new "day job".  He posted he was hoping to get things back to normal by the end of January, so it may be that is still the issue.

• RMweb Gold

I do apologise if I have missed any e-mails, and can assure you all that I am fully up and running. The new day job and some issues closer to home have prevented me putting 100% into ERG recently but I am gradually getting on top of things, including working on some EMU projects with N-Train.

If you don't hear anything from me within 2 or 3 days, please drop a mail to adam.warr@ntlworld.com and send me a gentle (or otherwise) reminder. Afraid I can't guarantee a reply via other social media flows, as I don't always monitor these heavily.

• RMweb Gold

I have given the Electra website a minor update over the weekend, creating dedicated pages for N Gauge AC and Third-Rail EMUS, along with a special section for Bob Davies's N-Train kits.

Bob already has the Class 313, 507 and 508 available in N, with the 325 and 319 a few weeks away.

Appeal for Help - we are also wanting to release the Class 314 EMU but getting stumped by a lack of good underframe reference shots. Can anyone North of the Border help, please?

I've drawn up the artwork for these classic units and we just need to get the underframe modules right before going ahead - it won't be a simple retread of the 313, rest assured!

I am going to be in Glasgow sometime next week with work, I can give it a try but I can't promise anything! (It'll depend on what platforms they are sitting in at Central). A shame you asked now and not a couple of months ago when I was getting a depot tour of Shields!

Archived