The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

For those interested in old cars.

DDolfelin

As we're on about celebs Minis, here's Mr Tippex and his 67 Radford. Apparently it was the most expensive Mini produced up till then.

attachicon.gifMonkeyMin1.jpg

Benelite grill complete with Lucas 5 inchers.

The full cockpit complement of Smiths Gauges and the Mota-Lita.

attachicon.gifMonkeyMin4.jpg

And some period Philips radios.

I still have a Carmaster 240T (Btm Left) stashed away in good working order.

attachicon.gifPhilipsCarmaster240T.jpg

Monkee Mike's Radford is rumoured to have been stolen and crashed not long after he took it back to the US. A similar rumour is attached to John Lennon's all black Radford, there are no known photographs of it anywhere after 1967, although it was rumoured to have been taken over to Ireland but nothing so far has come up for certain. Mick Jagger's '67 Wood & Pickett Mk1 S 'OGO 668E' has also seemingly vanished, a real shame as W&P only did a handful of Mk1s (Radford did several hundred in comparison).

Edited by Rugd1022

There's been more than a bit on boring Citroen barges too. Maybe there's a pair of elephants here.... :jester:

Agreed, I think it says something about the popularity of the two vehicles under discussion that I seem to see at least one, and often more, 'proper' mini almost every day. As for the last time I saw a 'Citroen barge' absolutely no idea:-)

• Like 2

Agreed, I think it says something about the popularity of the two vehicles under discussion that I seem to see at least one, and often more, 'proper' mini almost every day. As for the last time I saw a 'Citroen barge' absolutely no idea:-)

Pearls before swine.....

Why man, . . .stop whinging and keep posting old cars . . .any cars   . . . 

as long as they're old cars.

John

Ps   I wish I'd took photos of some of mine over the years.

Edited by Two_sugars
  • Like 1

Another Mini i'm afraid :jester: Back in 1980 my old 1973 pickup had rotted away to nothing and was beyond repair, so i bought a second hand 1976 van shell off the then new weekly mag' called Auto-Trader for just £25, it was very solid and the owner had just stripped it of all it's mechanical parts which he used to build a kit car with. It once belonged to a brake company called E.B.C and was originally Blue and covered in E.B.C. stickers. I transferred all the mech's over from the pick-up and was even was allowed to keep the pick-ups reg: Number: XEN 834M.  The rear door bottoms were rotted out though so i plated them up and put the spare wheel under a board in the back, i still managed to stick a single mattress in it and used it for camping trips for a year or two!  :mosking:

post-31611-0-98644000-1532698598_thumb.jpg

• Like 9