It's a dogs life at Paddington

So that's where the 80th Gromit is - there are 79 others in and around Bristol, decorated by various famous people and organisations - they are on display until 8th September and will then be auctioned to raise funds for the Bristol Children's Hospital's 'Grand Appeal'. For further info go to www.gromitunleashed.co.uk or Gromit Unleashed on Facebook.

Normal disclaimers apply...

Bristol has previous 'form' with this sort of thing -  couple of years ago the city was overrun with garishly painted Gorillas in a similar campaign in aid of Bristol Zoo and the Children's Hospital Grand Appeal...

• RMweb Premium

Sheringham and  Cromer had Crabs and Lobsters,

Norwich has trouble with it's gorillas http://www.edp24.co.uk/polopoly_fs/sf_freddie_gorilla_goes_11_1_2269145!

The Phoenix Mercury Charity objected to the one shown in the link!

Oh the link didn't work, anyway go to edp24.co.uk and have a look for the gorilla on the front page!

Nice idea.

They did something similar in Hull with statues, but a few were nicked.....

Bristol being Bristol I sincerely hope that all 79 Gromits are firmly bolted down :D.

Bristol being Bristol I sincerely hope that all 79 Gromits are firmly bolted down :D.

I could take exception to such a sweeping and generalised slur on the populace of this fair city... especially from apparently so far away. Anything I could use about Perth to insult you with?

• RMweb Gold

I could take exception to such a sweeping and generalised slur on the populace of this fair city... especially from apparently so far away. Anything I could use about Perth to insult you with?

I think there was a tongue in the cheek there

Talisman

You could take exception ...... only I am afraid that on the first weekend they were out, two were trashed by persons unknown.  

Best wishes

Eric

Talisman

You could take exception ...... only I am afraid that on the first weekend they were out, two were trashed by persons unknown.  

Best wishes

Eric

But there is a difference between reporting actual acts of wanton vandalism and libelling 428,000 people as thieves from 9,100 miles away.

• RMweb Gold

But there is a difference between reporting actual acts of wanton vandalism and libelling 428,000 people as thieves from 9,100 miles away.

For heavens sake - clam down and grow up, coming from Merseyside I'd be in some sort of care home if I got upset by every such comment - mind you, it could be worse, I could come from Manchester.

I could take exception to such a sweeping and generalised slur on the populace of this fair city... especially from apparently so far away. 

I lived there for many years.  I'm very familiar with Bristol, its people and its foibles.

Anything I could use about Perth to insult you with?

Plenty.  Go for it.  I can send you a list if you'd like :D.

I currently live in a country that's divided up as follows:

Tasmanians are all inbred and have too many heads/fingers/etc.

Victorians are a bunch of up-themselves snobs and effete hipsters.

New South Wales residents are all gangsters.

Queenslanders are crazy hillbillies.

South Australians are slightly incompetent serial killers.

Norhtern Territorians are all bank robbers on the run from the southern states.

Everyone in the Australian Capital Territory is either a politician ('nuff said) or a public servant using taxpayer funded resources to play solitaire and download pr0n.

Western Australians are cashed up bogans squandering our mineral based wealth on pink Cadillacs, gold plated bathrooms and TVs too big for our houses whilst whingeing loudly if paid less than six figures for holding a STOP sign at the bottom of a big hole in the ground.

But all the above is OK because we stand united in our disdain for the Kiwis/Poms/Seppos :D.

You either have a GSOH or you don't ....

Living in swindon , all I hear about is the roundabout -but then again I'm sure both Basingstoke and Hemel also have magic roundabouts....

Right, I'll have a go at Perth - I don't like Tartan, shortbread or Andy Murray......er, getting coat.

Western Australians are cashed up bogans squandering our mineral based wealth on pink Cadillacs, gold plated bathrooms and TVs too big for our houses whilst whingeing loudly if paid less than six figures for holding a STOP sign at the bottom of a big hole in the ground.

I've seen at least one of those pink cadillacs :-)

Mind you, the stretched Hummer is way more tacky, IMO.

• RMweb Gold

For heavens sake - clam down and grow up, coming from Merseyside I'd be in some sort of care home if I got upset by every such comment - mind you, it could be worse, I could come from Manchester.

Beast's full avatar picture...

post-7025-0-11234700-1373456152.gif

Archived