The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

Guest Gloria Sass

I would like to live in Manchester, England. The transition between Manchester and death would be unnoticeable

Mark Twain

"Some people say that the universe is made from Hydrogen atoms, because its the most abundant element out there. However, I disagree, I think the universe is made out of stupidity because its a whole lot more common than Hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

or

"Two things are infinite: the universe and stupidity. And do you know, I'm not too sure about the universe" - Albert Einstein

Edited by Edge

Guest Gloria Sass

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Emo Philips

Guest Gloria Sass

The problem with common sense is that most people are morons

The Sarcasm Society

just because the monkey got off your back doesnt mean the circus has left town

George Carlin

Guest Gloria Sass

I think everyone should treat one another in a Christian manner. I will not, however, be responsible for the consequences

Guest Gloria Sass

If it’s true that our species is alone in the universe, then I’d have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.

• Like 1

Guest Gloria Sass

I wrote a song, but I can't read music so I don't know what it is. Every once in a while I'll be listening to the radio and I say, "I think I might have written that."

Steven Wright

I'm enjoying the quips from such as Mark Twain, Groucho Marx - and William Shakespeare! However, perhaps we need a new name for the thread or a new thread, e.g. "I wish I'd said that".

Which reminds me:

Oscar Wilde: "I wish I had said that"

James McNeill Whistler: "You will, Oscar, you will".

Guest Gloria Sass

i heard that someone crept up on you from behind and overpowered you with a quarter of pontefract cakes, is that true lance corporal bottle?

Guest Gloria Sass

Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room.

-- Winston Churchill