The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

27 minutes ago, Obi-Jiff Kenobi said:

What do you get if you cross a sheep with a kangaroo?

A woolly jumper.

Not a groan, just a sigh...

Sounds like an abandoned Christmas Cracker joke!

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
50 minutes ago, Obi-Jiff Kenobi said:

What do you get if you cross a sheep with a kangaroo?

A woolly jumper.

22 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Not a groan, just a sigh...

Sounds like an abandoned Christmas Cracker joke!

image.png.87fb7c13cc033155159d0fd5abe7c79e.png

• Like 1

I just phoned a model railway helpline and said: "Can you help me, please?  I'm a rubbish modeller. I'm trying to build a layout and I keep dropping track all over the place."

The man on the other end said: "Can you hold the line?"

I said: "No. That's the problem."

• Funny 18

I saw my doctor the other day, and said to him “I’m having real difficulty losing weight. Can you suggest anything?”

He replied “Don’t eat anything fatty.”

”What, like chips, pies, that sort of thing?” I queried.

”No,” he said, “don’t eat anything, fatty!”

• Funny 13

A friend of mine has an old MG sports car, but he's thinking about swapping it for something more practical, as his wife, who's 8 months pregnant, has difficulty getting in and out of it. 

He said to me: "I can't think of anything more difficult than getting a pregnant woman in an MG."

I replied: "Getting a woman pregnant in an MG."

Edited by CameronL
Typo
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 11

43 minutes ago, CameronL said:

A friend of mine has an old MG sports car, but he's thinking about swapping it for something more practical, as his wife, who's 8 months pregnant, has difficulty getting in and out of it. 

He said to me: "I can't think of anything more difficult than getting a pregnant woman in an MG."

More difficult?? Not at all and lots of fun.....   😃 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

9 hours ago, CameronL said:

7 hours ago, CameronL said:

Then maybe The Lotus Position isn't just for people who do yoga...

Not so much the Lotus position, which is a completely different make of car, though equally miniscule.  However a form of applied origami might be fruitful!

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

2 hours ago, Hroth said:

Not so much the Lotus position, which is a completely different make of car, though equally miniscule.  However a form of applied origami might be fruitful!

I used to know a man, very senior in the IT industry, who practised Corporate Origami. Make him CEO of a company and he could fold it easily.

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, jcredfer said:

More difficult?? Not at all and lots of fun.....   😃 

Not necessarily, there was a case some years back of a couple coupling in a MGB GT when the male partner expired from his exertions. In order to extract the corpse and release the other party, who was fast becoming hysterical, the fire service had to cut the roof off.

Apparently, the lady had some explaining to do as to how her husband's pride and joy had become a roadster-pickup....

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

An old one, but a goodie...

Two Scotsmen, Wullie and Tam, decided to go and see Scotland play Italy in Rome. As they'd never seen the city, they decided to fly over a couple of days early and play the tourist before the match. So, they arrived in Rome, checked in, and went off to see the sights.

Their first stop was the Vatican. They were very impressed with the place, especially when the Pope appeared on a balcony and waved to the crowd.

Anyway, after a day's sightseeing, Tam said to Wullie: "See me, Wullie, Ah'm drooth. Let's go and hae a swally." (I'm thirsty, let's go for a drink."

"Right enough," replied Wullie. "Let's find oorsels a wee bar."

So, they found a bar, and Tam walked up to the barman and said: "Howzit gaun, China? Can we have twa pints o' heavy, please?"

The barman looked puzzled. "I'm sorry," he replied. "I not know whatta de Heavy is."

"Ye dinna ken whit Heavy is?" replied Tam. "Whit kind o' bar is this? Heavy is beer."

The barman's face brightened. "Ohhhh. We have da beer," he replied. "We have da Peroni and da Moretti and..."

"Haud on a minute, pal," said Tam. "Yoor bum's oot the windae if you think Ah'm drinkin' thon pish. We want some proper beer."

"Sorry, is all we have," the barman replied, looking increasingly worried. 

Wullie could see that Tam was about to lose his temper, so he said: "Hang on a minute. We only got tae Rome today. We dinna ken whit goes on in this toon. Tell ye whit, we went and saw ra Vatican today. Nice we hoose yer Pope's got there. He even cam oot on ra balcony and waved at us, so he did. Nice wee man, yer Pope. Whit does he have when he wants a swally?"

The barman looked relieved. "Oh, he drinks the creme de menthe," he replied.

"Gie us twa pints o' that, then," Wullie said. The barman, just wanting to keep these two Scots lunatics happy, served them as requested. A little confusion over exchange rates and the ease of contactless payment meant that neither realised what they were actually paying for their drinks. 

So, Wullie and Tam spent the evening drinking pints of creme de menthe. Next morning they slowly woke up in their hotel room.

"Tam?" Wullie groaned. "Hoo are you this mornin'?"

"Weel, ma heid's bangin'" Tam replied. "And ma mooth tastes like a wee furry beastie crawled in it and died - aboot a fortnight ago."

"Mine too," said Wullie. "And ah feel like ah'm wearin' a balaclava."

"Whit's so bad aboot wearin' a balaclava?" Tam asked.

"This wan's inside ma skull.  De ye really think that creme de menthe stuff is whit the Pope drinks?"

"That's whit yer barman said," replied Tam.

"Oh," Wullie said. "Well, it's nae wonder they carry him roond in a chair."

Edited by CameronL
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Gold
On 10/02/2024 at 15:12, CameronL said:

I just phoned a model railway helpline and said: "Can you help me, please?  I'm a rubbish modeller. I'm trying to build a layout and I keep dropping track all over the place."

The man on the other end said: "Can you hold the line?"

I said: "No. That's the problem."

I once phoned Gamblers’ Anonymous and they said ‘Would you like to hold’.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 6