The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

Near me are road signs saying 'Basingstoke and Deane, Birthplace and home of Jane Austen' ..........

"Would it be unkind of me to remark Mister Darcy that your estate seems to have an inordinate number of roundabouts?."

"Indeed not Miss Bennet, and I hope I am not too bold in venturing that we have the greatest collection of chavs in captivity"

• Funny 16

7 hours ago, NIK said:

One of three tunnels under the Clyde in Glasgow built by the Harbour Tunnel Company

One was for pedestrians and two for horse drawn vehicles.

I walked through the pedestrian tunnel there with my dad several times as a young child in the 1950s. It was still in regular use then.

The last time I walked it was in the early 1970s, when it was almost derelict. We went down in the dusk. The lighting was really poor. Looking down from the top of the stairs in the north rotunda you really couldn’t see the floor - you were just looking into a black pit. So many of the glass panes in the roof were broken, pigeons were using the building as a roost, and they were just arriving for the night and flying around inside. The tunnel itself wasn’t in too bad shape. Overall, it was a pretty eerie experience.

The pedestrian tunnel at the Whiteinch tunnels isn’t much better, though cleaner. It’s lined with smooth, glazed tiles, which echo every sound. It’s a reflex action to keep looking over your shoulder to see if someone’s following you - the tunnel is not busy. And the tunnel is on a continuous vertical curve so that for some distance around the bottom you can’t see either end. The ‘vertical’ joints in the tiling aren’t truly vertical - instead, they’re at right angles to the floor at their base. This has the effect, when you come in sight of the entrance you’re walking towards, of making you realize you’ve been aligning yourself with these ‘vertical’ joints and are now actually leaning backwards by several degrees!

Edited by pH
  • Like 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

There was, actually still is but it’s full of and encased in mud now, a pedestrian tunnel beneath the mouth of the River Ely in Cardiff Bay between Grangetown, Cardiff, and Penarth.  Still open when I was a kid, and sounds basically similar to the Clyde tunnel but the rotundas were square brick-built structures and much plainer.  It was lined with corrugated iron and contained a gas pipe and water main.  It dripped and was gloomy, lit by fizzing filament bulbs hanging off an electric cable.  When the Esso tankers (Esso Poole and Esso Ipswich) passed overhead on their way up to the Ely Harbour tank farm, you could hear the engines and the swish-swish of the screws; anyone who’d seen a war film expected depth charges to follow… 

Looking over your shoulder because your echo was following you featured here as well, and you knew the stalker had murderous intent because every time you stopped, so did he!!!  I rather hope he’s still down there…

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Gnarly old prospector rides into town an ties up his dusty flea bitten mule outside to saloon.

He then proceeds to lift the mules tail and plant a big kiss on the mules rectum.

A passing cowpoke notices this and asks the old prospector why he did it.

The prospector replies "chapped lips"

The cowpoke asks "does that cure them"

The prospector replies " Nope, but it sure stops me lickin' them"

• Funny 11

23 hours ago, NIK said:

"Indeed not Miss Bennet, and I hope I am not too bold in venturing that we have the greatest collection of chavs in captivity"

Oh that Chavs were kept in captivity...!! 🙄 🙄 🙄 😂 😂 👍

• Agree 3
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

A bin man is driving along a street picking up the wheelie bins and emptying them into his rubbish truck.
He goes to one house where the bin hasn't been left out.
In the spirit of kindness and after having a quick look about for the bin, he gets out of his truck, goes to the front door and knocks.
There's no answer.
Being a conscientious bloke, he knocks again - much harder.
Eventually, a man comes to the door.
"Hello" says the man.
"Hi mate, where's ya' bin?" asks the bin man.
"I bin on toilet," explains the man, a bit perplexed.
Realising the fellow had misunderstood him, the bin man smiles and tries again.
"No mate, where's ya' dust bin?"
"I dust bin to toilet, I told you!'' says the man, still perplexed.
"Listen," says the garbage collector. "You're misunderstanding me. I mean, where's ya' wheelie bin?'"
"OK, OK. " replies the man with a sheepish grin, and whispers in the collector's ear. "I wheelie bin in bed with the woman from next door!"

• Like 1
  • Funny 12