acg5324

• RMweb Premium

No Doug didn't make it. He rarely comes now. DC is helping break up his layouts, big shame.

Thank you weather should be OK too.

More beer yesterday as I went up to Three Bridges to meet my former work colleagues and put the world to rights!

• RMweb Premium

Removal firm arrived this morning. They have packed almost everything already today. Left us with a bed, microwave and a tv for an exciting night in watching the Crossrail project on BBC2!

Last food from the freezer eaten plus a nice Lamb Pathia from our local takeaway.

Kensington Olympia is on the lorry. The buildings are in the car!

We head north tomorrow and unpack on Wednesday.

• RMweb Gold

The club will miss you terribly, not least as I'm being roped into editing the newsletter again... You better keep sending articles!

All the best

Nestor

• RMweb Premium

Thank you, ill see what I can do for the newsletter, Letter from Yorkshire, rather than letter from America.

43 years with the club, only worked for 37 and married for 19. I even remember when KRC was just a boy!

• RMweb Premium

Thank you, ill see what I can do for the newsletter, Letter from Yorkshire, rather than letter from America.

43 years with the club, only worked for 37 and married for 19. I even remember when KRC was just a boy!

But not when DESH or Sparky were lads...

• RMweb Premium

We have landed in Haxby

Removal lorry arrived just after us yesterday afternoon, spent two hours unloading, before finishing off this morning.

I have never seen a lorry so full......and BT have got the internet and phone up and running on the day they said. Taken me until 2200 to plug the router in though!!!

Olympia is now in another garage!

Hi Andy

All the best to you and Debbie in your new home up north.

That just leaves Mr Clements and Mr Carter to chat to at Patcham in November!

I'll keep up with the progress on Olympia and hope to see it in the flesh at a show in the future.

Keep up the great work

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy

All the best to you and Debbie in your new home up north.

That just leaves Mr Clements and Mr Carter to chat to at Patcham in November!

I'll keep up with the progress on Olympia and hope to see it in the flesh at a show in the future.

Keep up the great work

Thanks Pete,

It'll be a while before Olympia gets reassembled.....so many boxes to unpack and lots of work to do to get the house straight.....and that's before we start any building work!

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Well just over two weeks in the new house, I have taken so much crap to local tip that I'm nearly on first name terms with the guys who work there!

Several rooms now sorted out and we are down to under 20 crates to empty.

Olympia is currently still boxed up in the garage but is likely to get moved into the dining room as a temporary home shortly....once we move the remaining packing crates out of there.

• Like 1

You can't beat taking stuff with you when you move only to find out it turns out to be crap when you get there once had a push bike I moved around several houses only to find out it was beyond repair and eventuallly took it to the dump

• RMweb Premium

You can't beat taking stuff with you when you move only to find out it turns out to be crap when you get there once had a push bike I moved around several houses only to find out it was beyond repair and eventuallly took it to the dump

Unfortunately this crap was left by the elderly couple who moved out of the house, none was ours. We did add to the pile by removing all the chipboard built in wardrobes in one bedroom.

• RMweb Premium

Unfortunately this crap was left by the elderly couple who moved out of the house, none was ours. We did add to the pile by removing all the chipboard built in wardrobes in one bedroom.

Our house in the Midlands (the one where I built the second St Enodoc, with the reverse loops) was like that. It took ages to clear the loft but when I did I found all sorts of model railway bits and pieces such as loco wheels, transfers and so on. None of them were much use to me but it was still a surprise to discover them.

• RMweb Premium

Our house in the Midlands (the one where I built the second St Enodoc, with the reverse loops) was like that. It took ages to clear the loft but when I did I found all sorts of model railway bits and pieces such as loco wheels, transfers and so on. None of them were much use to me but it was still a surprise to discover them.

Haven't been that lucky........haven't ventured into the loft yet :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

A fun filled week, managed to set the B£@@d$ alarm off in the house after I removed the screws to what I thought was the door bell chimes!

Got two boards set up in the dining room to do some work on and had a pleasant day at http://www.yorkshirengauge.org.uk on Saturday. Heading south on Wednesday for another retirement do at Three Bridges.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

The first posting from me for sometime, lots to do inside the new house as well as in the garden plus the distractions of Yorkshire. Been to the local NGS meets for the last three months, very good. Got a bit of modelling done plus playing trains a bit too.

Today has been the first day ive done any modelling at home

gallery_681_2306_1017773.jpg

I had ordered from RailNscale a 3 pack of Volvo 200 series cars and a 3 pack of Vauxhall Cavaliers. These have been cleaned up and undercoated with Halfords grey primer. The first Cavalier has had a coat of Tamiya sand.....a nice 1970s beige colour.

The cars were cleanly printed.

In the background you can just make out part of my latest ferry van, an Interfrigo one. This is a stretched Roco van chassis with a scratchbuilt body, partially constructed.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Kensington Olympia or at least the three station boards will be making a rare trip out to the Yorkshire NGS open day. Only on the Saturday due to other commitments. Come along and say hello.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/calendar/event/1892-n-gauge-society-yorkshire-area-group-open-weekend/

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I managed to find a few spare mins to do some modelling today. This is the second attempt at the TWA West London terminal ( now the Olympia Hilton hotel ). For a change I’ve gone down the road the Grahame is using for most of his buildings.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/115057-scratch-built-card-and-styrene-structures-based-on-real-buildings/page-21

The frame work of the building has been started using mount board. Walls will be made using the same method covered in Scalescenes concrete / pebbledash. Due to space limitations and to reduce the size of this building compared to the adjacent Georgian terraces I’ve reduced the number of floors on the TWA building. It will also be on a steeper slope than in real life too.

I’ll get some photos posted shortly.

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I managed to find a few spare mins to do some modelling today. This is the second attempt at the TWA West London terminal ( now the Olympia Hilton hotel ). For a change I’ve gone down the road the Grahame is using for most of his buildings.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/115057-scratch-built-card-and-styrene-structures-based-on-real-buildings/page-21

The frame work of the building has been started using mount board. Walls will be made using the same method covered in Scalescenes concrete / pebbledash. Due to space limitations and to reduce the size of this building compared to the adjacent Georgian terraces I’ve reduced the number of floors on the TWA building. It will also be on a steeper slope than in real life to.

I’ll get some photos posted shortly.

Good to see you back in action Andy.

I trust that your building will include the cafeteria, where not only could you get TWA coffee but also...

• RMweb Premium

Good to see you back in action Andy.

I trust that your building will include the cafeteria, where not only could you get TWA coffee but also...

but also.....what? :) Edited by acg5324

• RMweb Premium

OK a couple of pics showing progress on the TWA building. This is the Russell Road Frontage. The Kensington High Street frontage will be built afterwards, once Ive worked out how much room I have as I want to include the Bristol Cars showroom.

gallery_681_3268_96406.jpg

gallery_681_3268_10243.jpg

With the second photo spot the deliberate mistake........yes the floor marked top isn't! There is one more to go that I didn't cut out.  Well strictly speaking its the roof.......The top floors are only slotted in at the moment

so I can use it as a template for the missing floor.

There will be some extra supports added for strength.

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

OK a couple of pics showing progress on the TWA building. This is the Russell Road Frontage. The Kensington High Street frontage will be built afterwards, once Ive worked out how much room I have as I want to include the Bristol Cars showroom.

With the second photo spot the deliberate mistake........yes the floor marked top isn't! There is one more to go that I didn't cut out.  Well strictly speaking its the roof.......The top floors are only slotted in at the moment

TWA tea and now some Bristols. I"m getting a bit worried about you young man - the Yorkshire air seems to be affecting you.

• Like 1

I recognise that building technique. ;-)

I hope it works out well for you.

G

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Floors completed, 

I recognise that building technique. ;-)

I hope it works out well for you.
gallery_681_3268_51443.jpg

gallery_681_3268_107041.jpg

Yes thank you Grahame for some inspiration.

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 1