DCC Supplies

Ragtag

Wot? You ain't clairevoyant or a mind-reader, John?? I'm very disappointed in you now!! wink.gif wink.gif

I do think that GWR man might be expecting a little too much from his email query. Having got a response, he could easily have emailed back with a further query - it's not that difficult. Without wishing to inflame the situation further, I'm firmly on John's side here. DCC Supplies not answering is an issue; Bromsgrove Models answering but not giving the answer desired is not an issue: that's my twopence worth, anyhow.

I really wasn't making an issue out of it ,but having spent the last 30 years in Selling one was suprised not to be offer an alternative. As I found out many years ago ,being in swales is hard enough without losing possible customers. My old boss always said "don't let them get away try to offer them something". But again it wasn't an issue just a comment .Sorry if it offend

Hi,

I ordered a Lenz set 100 and some other bits and bobs from DCC Supplies on Friday. They arrived this morning via Parcel Force.

Everything came in a single box, well packed with lots of padding. So I'm very happy with the service from DCC Supplies and wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

Cheers

Richard

I have used DCC supplies many times and Bromsgrove a couple of times and had a very good and prompt service from both companies. I also ordered my Digitrax Dcc system from Digitrains and had an equally prompt and good service.

On my last order from Dcc supplies I made a mistake and ordered the wrong decoders. There was a little delay with them responding to an email regarding this but when they did reply they was very appologetic for the delay and sent me the correct replacement decoders out Royal Mail Next day Saturday delivery with out waiting for me to return the first batch.

Now thats service for you and trust.

Regards

Andy

Guest 838rapid

I have to shout praises for Dcc Supplies.

I had forgotton my password,and explained this.

They took my order over the phone instead and were most helpfull.

More than satisfied customer here

• RMweb Gold

On Thursday I received an email from DCCsupplies informing me that the item I had requested a "back in stock" notification had arrived. I ordered the parts (top hat conversions for Farish locos) on Thursday evening, received payment and posting confirmation on Friday and they arrived today (Saturday). This seems very efficient to me.

Tony

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Phone call to DCC Supplies on Thursday for a TCS chip, one email acknowledging order, a second informing me it was shipped later in the day. Friday was Good Friday. Saturday morning 9am post ship arrives, fitted by lunchtime.

Excellent service again - thanks

David

• 5 months later...
Guest eddie reffin

I have used DCC SUpplies twice now in the past couple of months and both times their service was excellent. Emails updating the progress of the order and dispatch. Last order was sent on Thursday eve about 11pm and it was delivered this morning before 10am- fantastic. I must also point out that Royal Mail have a big part to play in this!

Cheers

Eddie

• 5 months later...

I have used DCC SUpplies twice now in the past couple of months and both times their service was excellent. Emails updating the progress of the order and dispatch. Last order was sent on Thursday eve about 11pm and it was delivered this morning before 10am- fantastic. I must also point out that Royal Mail have a big part to play in this!

Cheers

Eddie

Ordered a bass reflex speaker yesterday and ticked the 3-4 day delivery, arrived this morning before 10am.

Ian

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

A plus to DCC supplies from me.

I wanted the chips to upgrade my Lenz kit. They didn't have them with them at RailexNE on Sunday but took my order and said they would post (free) on Tuesday, Monday being a bank Holiday.

Arrived this morning (Wednesday). Very good service.

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Delivery Times seem to be getting quicker.

I ordered a CMX "Clean Machine" midday Wednesday with standard postage.

It was delivered midday Thursday by ParcelForce 24 service.

Caught me out, I wasn't expecting it so quick!

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Delivery Times seem to be getting quicker.

I ordered a CMX "Clean Machine" midday Wednesday with standard postage.

It was delivered midday Thursday by ParcelForce 24 service.

Caught me out, I wasn't expecting it so quick!

Keith

Have you tried it yet Keith, I bought one second hand last week, I used lighter fuel in it, performance was out of this world.....outstanding.!!!!!

Bob

• RMweb Premium

Have you tried it yet Keith, I bought one second hand last week, I used lighter fuel in it, performance was out of this world.....outstanding.!!!!!

Bob

Unfortunately due to the drag it need's a lot of power to tow it.

I only have steam outline locos (mostly small ones) and they are struggling, so have just ordered a Bachmann Cl 47 to use as a tug!

Using a double headed steam (or top and tail) it did work very well, I have worn out 3 strips of the supplied material so far.

I have been using IPA as cleaner (no not the beer!)

My previous cleaning mode was cork strip with IPA, but the CMX is better.

My CMX was supplied with small tension locks as well as Kadee's but the tension locks are too low when fitted as suggested.

Keith

EDIT

Did you get the instructions?

It notes it is safe with some quite aggressive cleaning concoctions for difficult problems.

Unfortunately due to the drag it need's a lot of power to tow it.

I only have steam outline locos (mostly small ones) and they are struggling, so have just ordered a Bachmann Cl 47 to use as a tug!

Using a double headed steam (or top and tail) it did work very well, I have worn out 3 strips of the supplied material so far.

I have been using IPA as cleaner (no not the beer!)

My previous cleaning mode was cork strip with IPA, but the CMX is better.

My CMX was supplied with small tension locks as well as Kadee's but the tension locks are too low when fitted as suggested.

Keith

EDIT

Did you get the instructions?

It notes it is safe with some quite aggressive cleaning concoctions for difficult problems.

Thanks Keith...yes it came with the very comprehensive instructions, paid £55 inc postage from a guy who is now downsizing to N gauge.

Lots of spare corduroy, seals etc.,....but does need double headed diesels to really tow well on my inclines etc.,  I use a class 25 and 26 together.

Wow does it work well...and quick too....two of my pals offered to buy shares in it....but I told them NO, but I'll hire it them at £20 an hour.!!!! ;)

I must remember to turn off the flow screw when I stop it...I didnt melt the sleepers.!!!  The lighter fuel worked really well and quick, but I'm pen to better suggestions...like beer as you say.

I did wonder if the lighter fuel may leave an invisible oily film.??

Bob

• 7 months later...

I visited this shop in person today.  It has a very new-looking, clean, tidy, well presented retail area which appears to be in the throws of further expansion.  It also has a double oval 00 layout for demonstrations.  This is the only proper model shop in striking dstance (5.6 miles) of Worcester, a city of 100,000 souls.

I miss the fun of rummaging through boxes of tat collectables at Tennent's Trains, but I have no excuse to pass that way any more.

• RMweb Gold

Yup, and your link does not work either. tried through google, even had it saved in my favourites. All I get is this web page can't be displayed. Most frustrating

The link has just worked fine for me from this iPad.

Geoff

• RMweb Gold

Yup, and your link does not work either. tried through google, even had it saved in my favourites. All I get is this web page can't be displayed. Most frustrating

That implies that you are getting through, but your software can't handle what is sent back. Have you tried rebooting, which should clear out your virtual memory, and may cause the page to display.

• RMweb Gold

I can't get on since yesterday.  Seems to be a DNS problem as nslookup won't resolve the domain name.  And neither will a web ip address service.

Does anyone have their IP address?

Try 212.113.131.154

Archived