Heljan class 60

steve fay

Has no one got some black, orange paint & some masking tape, financially it's not worth Heljan doing any type of rerun or body exchange as what ever condition Heljan the painted bodies are in all of the models produced have all ready been sold, the damaged models from Trains for you will probably go to Howes (sold as damaged) and be exchanged for good ones but as with the 47's, 37's & 20's if they do produce another batch it may be if we are lucky be in say 5/6 years time but I would not hold my breath.

Though stranger things have happened. 

It depends on how many shots you can get out of one mould, which also depends on the grade of metal and the tolerences required by the mould. In general 5000 shots is for a high grade metal with close tolerences. This decreases as the shot warps as the tolerence get higher. For example if you are making wheelie bins, you'll be able to get 10,000 plus, for a 5000 shot machine because the tolerences are so low. Heat and release on the moulds are the biggest problem. Apparently Heljan had problems on the final models of the class 47 in 7mm as the moulds had distorted so parts such as glazing wouldn't fit.

Regards

Vin

• RMweb Premium

Has no one got some black, orange paint & some masking tape, financially it's not worth Heljan doing any type of rerun or body exchange as what ever condition Heljan the painted bodies are in all of the models produced have all ready been sold, the damaged models from Trains for you will probably go to Howes (sold as damaged) and be exchanged for good ones but as with the 47's, 37's & 20's if they do produce another batch it may be if we are lucky be in say 5/6 years time but I would not hold my breath.

Though stranger things have happened.

Financially it is their own fault. Yes they admitted the mistake, but surely they should fix it. I recall Bachmann doing similar when the EPB was released, and that only had incorrect numbers on the coach. Heljan should really step up and fix a problem they created. Why should anyone have to correct the paint job on a £500 locomotive?

• Like 1

No- one is forcing anyone to buy one. Humanity has (more or less) survived the last however many years without an accurately liveried 7mm/ft Loadhaul 60, and I'm sure it will continue to do so.

Heljan have said they can be returned for a full refund, so no one but themselves will be out of pocket (assuming retailers can return them which I'm sure they can).

Welcome to reality folks...

• Like 3

Lets be honest. You dont need an expert. Get a picture of both sides and ends, is the model the same? Yes. Job done. How hard can it be?

That's what I find bizarre about so many of these livery errors from all of the manufacturers, because if they had given the model to a child and got them to play spot the difference with a photograph of the prototype, then most if not all of these errors would have been noticed. Yet it seems that professional model manufacturers still seem to struggle with this issue.

Has Christmas come early?  :-clap 

The big Heljan 60's have arrived. And superb they are too, bar the odd livery issue.
22802250509_0b449fb7eb_o.jpg003 by rothburyuk, on Flickr

22874409160_a7bf35b73c_o.jpg029 by rothburyuk, on Flickr

22776054047_b64250d401_o.jpg023 by rothburyuk, on Flickr

22541689854_2db5e7f1d3_o.jpg022 by rothburyuk, on Flickr

22874409760_9022490c9a_o.jpg019 by rothburyuk, on Flickr

22776054647_66573c4648_o.jpg015 by rothburyuk, on Flickr

22541690484_5357a443fd_o.jpg013 by rothburyuk, on Flickr

22543172093_3a91e84003_o.jpg011 by rothburyuk, on Flickr

22874410490_3cea1552cf_o.jpg008 by rothburyuk, on Flickr

22543173563_d559142947_o.jpg005 by rothburyuk, on Flickr

I'm not too impressed with the revised packaging, quite a few people are reporting damage upon delivery. I have been lucky, other than the cabfront black marks. This is the reason...the black  rubber pads are rubbing and leaving a sticky black residue. Thankfully easily removed with a little white spirit. Might be an idea to wrap the loco ends in tissue paper to prevent this Mr Heljan?

22776053447_b6f02dd3a3_o.jpg032 by rothburyuk, on Flickr
  • Like 1

That looks better modelman14 have u just painted the wire black?

Dave

Yeah,just painted them,massive improvement.

Still room for improvement around this area when you compare it to the real thing,highly detailed aftermarket kitme thinks??

Cheers